(Unoffical) ASA Stike Vote ... yes or no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are you talking about?

You lied about BA being a leader in the PATCO strike, you are lying about "our side starting to drag out things on purpose"

Dood, he did not lie about it. BA was in a leadership position with PATCO. You are miss informed. JB has not lied about anything so far. Because we may not agree with him, does not mean he is a liar.

ASA_Aviator said:
Well, I am anti-union. In my previous career I was in management, and I've been threatened, bullied, and attacked by unions. I only am a part of the union because I am forced to pay dues, and if I have to pay dues, I'm darn sure going to have a vote.

Anyway, yes, you are right, leaving is similar to striking, but I will do so on my terms, and not because I am trying to send a message to anyone, but rather because I don't want to be here anymore. I signed on to this job knowing what the conditions of the contract were, and it would be hypocritical of me to strike or quit when I came in knowing what it would be like.

Props to you my friend! If the union truly wanted a democracy then they would give you a choice if you wanted to be in or not. They like running things like old russia or how Tony Soprano runs things in Jersey. Its either their way or the highway. If you actually dare think for yourself they just go ballistic. If you dont agree with what the majority says they want to use violence to try and scare you into thinking their way. Sorry thugs but this is the USA. There are a lot of people who pay dues because they are forced to not because they want to be in the union. Its either pay the dues or get fired. If the union was really that unified then why does membership need to be forced? If they are so confident why not give people a choice if they want to be in or not? Oh thats right they are protecting us from actually enjoying our jobs because we are all supposed to be avid management haters. Im all for letting whoever wants to be in a union be in one but why force everyone into it?

Tim47SIP said:
You lied about BA being a leader in the PATCO strike, you are lying about "our side starting to drag out things on purpose"

Dood, he did not lie about it. BA was in a leadership position with PATCO. You are miss informed. JB has not lied about anything so far. Because we may not agree with him, does not mean he is a liar.

Dood, You've been had by Joe. Either he lied or didn't talk to former PATCO guys. There are still some of the PATCO guys at ASA. Make you own calls and ask. BA was just a controller and held no position in the Union. But who really cares anyway? Joe has crossed the line with his anti ALPA BS. Majority rules in a union and Joe will never grasp the obvious. That boy is one angry unit! I visualize him as a child lying on the floor of a toy store screaming as he has a death grip on on a new toy and his parents start asking observers of the tantrum if anyone knows where the rotten little kids parents are?

With that said I don't think Joe or anyone else should be silenced. They have the right to dissent. If we all held the same opinions there is no checks and balances. The Union and the Company need to be held accountable for their actions. Given the history here I will trust the Union to guard my six. The company should spend more time trying to get out of last place so that the employees aren't embarrassed to tell their freinds where they really work.

Come back in one piece. ASA will still be in last place.

My two typing fingers are sore so I'm outta here!

ASA_Aviator said:
By the way, I am willing to hang my job on the line in defense of anyone. Being anti-union is not the same as being against my colleagues. Unions just tend to have a thug mentality, and an anti-intellectual attitude, and I find it to be very distasteful. If I wanted to be a thug, I would move to East Point...

Thugs? Youre not serious right? Have you ever met Utley, Mohr, Newey, Zerb, Bob? These guys are far from being thugs man!

This isnt the 30's with bats and jimmie hats....although that might be fun :)

Tim47SIP said:

Check your facts and your source, BA was not a PATCO leader, he was an avid strike supporter but not an officer or anything.

The "dragging things out on purpose" is not true, its preposterous.

Plus the PATCO strike was 25 years ago, Hoser is right, what does it have to do with ASA in 2006?

You are right that he is entitled to disagree all he wants, he is not entitled to make up things to support his agenda whatever that is. My guess is it supports RJDC's mission to rape ALPA financially by attempting to make it look bad.....I just finished watching an Oliver Stone flick

D'Angelo said:
Props to you my friend!
If you talked like that on the flight deck I'd slap the headsets off your head.
If the union truly wanted a democracy then they would give you a choice if you wanted to be in or not.
They do dumba$$. But you pay the dues cause you still live under the contract that the union negotiated.
They like running things like old russia or how Tony Soprano runs things in Jersey. Its either their way or the highway. If you actually dare think for yourself they just go ballistic. If you dont agree with what the majority says they want to use violence to try and scare you into thinking their way. Sorry thugs but this is the USA.
Get off the crack pipe! Yeah, its like that, idiot.
There are a lot of people who pay dues because they are forced to not because they want to be in the union. Its either pay the dues or get fired.
Noone forced you to apply for an take a job at a union airline. It was there before you and it will be there after you. Go fly corporate or a non union airline.
If the union was really that unified then why does membership need to be forced? If they are so confident why not give people a choice if they want to be in or not? Oh thats right they are protecting us from actually enjoying our jobs because we are all supposed to be avid management haters. Im all for letting whoever wants to be in a union be in one but why force everyone into it?

Noone tells me to hate managment, they did that by themselves. I used to have respect for our managment 5 years ago. Again the union was voted in before you and you are benifiting from all the union has done in past and present negotiations, grievances, etc... But things would be better without our union? I told you to put the crack pipe down!

You don't want to be in a union but you want to benifit from all the good things that the union has brought to your airline without paying for those benifits. That's why you pay dues even though you're not a member.

D'Angelo, don't you have to be blowing Fred or something? You never answered if you got your new nametag or not. "Fred's Bit*h" Right?

F*ck Off, allright!!!

Last edited:
Its intereresting reading about how its not that bad and "I knew what I was getting into when I took the job" Well you should have known that when you took that job it meant you were taking a UNION job. If you dislike the union so much why did you take a job where you "knew" a union existed? So for all those who say that "you knew what you were getting into when you took the job" I say that right back at you. Like it or not you took a job in a unionized labor group. Yes the union speaks for the majority. Thats just how it works.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back