• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

(Unoffical) ASA Stike Vote ... yes or no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay disregard the three pussies that can't figure out how to do a visual w/o the app plate. It an overwhelming yes vote for everyone except management.

ANYWAY next topic.....

av8tor4239 said:
I think Joe Merchant might be the previousely BANNED from flight info LEC treasurer. AKA: INCLUSIVESCOPE

I VOTE YES...
and you're still the biggest dicckhead here. Have a heart attack would ya'?!? dork

The big question is what the mediator is going to do if we come to an impass. He could park us and even with a 98-99% approval for a strike we would have to do it from the flight deck. If it does I'm in.

IMHO, I don't see it coming to that. I think improvements have and are being made with the changes in mngmnt. I think there is no trust between the two sides and that is a huge obstacle to overcome.

We shall see.

ohplease! said:
Its a strike VOTE, idiot. It doesn't mean you want to or we're going to. Learn the difference junior.

The problem is that if you vote for a strike, there isn't a checkbox for "I'm voting for a strike to send a message, but I don't really want to strike." A vote for it, means that you are willing to strike. I am not, so I won't vote for it.

By the way, the democrats learned this lesson too. They wanted to vote for a war with Iraq to send Saddam a message, not actually go to war. But, once they had authorized it, it was really hard to say they didn't intend to go to war. Same thing with the strike vote. I won't vote to send management a message when I don't really want a strike.

I understand the difference. I think it is you that don't understand the full implications of the strike vote, Junior.

Let me think for a minute...okay, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASA_Aviator said:
I will NOT take whatever management gives me. I'm NOT just happy to have a flying job. I will quit if things get worse, and thats why you miss the point.
If you quit as an individual, nobody notices or cares, and nothing changes. If you "quit" as a group with 1700 other pilots, your concerns are guaranteed to be noted. Do you think a company that just shelled out hundreds of millions for a company known to be in labor negotiations would shut the doors over refusing a small increase in quality of life for the employees?

ASA_Aviator said:
My point is that voting on a strike will do no good. (Actually having one would just put the company under, so that certainly doesn't help either.) I think it will make things more adversarial, and it will hurt the negotiation process, and make management even more likely to do things we don't want just to piss us off.
I could be mistaken, but I believe I read somewhere that 90% of ALPA contracts are signed during the 30-day-cooling-off-period AFTER A STRIKE VOTE HAS BEEN VOTED ON. It seems this tactic is necessary to light a fire under both sides to get serious about agreeing to a contract.

ASA_Aviator said:
I think the best way to get better results is to go to management not as an adversary, but as a partner.
You mean, like using Interest Based Bargaining? Been there, done that, lets try something else now. By the way, did I mention, HELL YES!!!?

ASA Aviator,

You seem to contradict yourself. You say you won't vote Yes but then say that if things get worse that you'll leave. What do you think a strike is? Stck up for yourself and be consistent. Either your in or your not. If your not, so be it, however, most of us are willing to put our asses on the line for ya.

JB,

Grow up! How those minutes coming along?

scarlet said:
Delta would be done--we are in the best position then we will ever been in--it will take weeks for someone to take our flights 500 flights aday....Delta would be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very true statement. Delta is in a very fragile state and we have a monopoly for DCI in their only profitable hub.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back