• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya!!!!!

What they said!!

Oh crud, I cant vote on MLOA! Good luck guys!:beer:

Texx said:
Once again, wants to be a CPT but has no balls_.

ALPA has already been castrated - I guess the anesthetic hasn't worn off yet. We need more brains, and less testosterone.

I vote NO.

Delta would be done--we are in the best position then we will ever been in--it will take weeks for someone to take our flights 500 flights aday....Delta would be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeMerchant said:
ALPA has already been castrated - I guess the anesthetic hasn't worn off yet. We need more brains, and less testosterone.

I vote NO.

Exactly. Bravado will get us nowhere. Forunately for my job, the people in here are all-talk, and in the minority as well. The people on here that say the strike would get a low percentage are correct. MOST of the ASA pilots realize that it would be a mistake.

I hear that Joe Merchant is really our FO rep in disguise. They sound so much alike.......

I vote yes. ASA Aviator, it's attitudes like yours that led to the decline in this industry in the first place. "I'll take what management will give me, I'll just happy to have a flying job." How long do you have to be shat upon by a company that doesn't value it's employees before you get fed up, grow a backbone and take a stand? We're not asking for huge raises, we know that's not realistic in this environment. What we are asking for is low or no cost improvements in QOL and scheduling. I know many pilots that would rather walk away from this profession than bend over and take another raping in the form of a substandard contract, myself included. If you vote no on a strike vote, you send a clear message to management that they have us by the balls, things will get worse at ASA and it will be what you deserve for rolling over in the first place.

ASACRJFlyer said:
I vote yes. ASA Aviator, it's attitudes like yours that led to the decline in this industry in the first place. "I'll take what management will give me, I'll just happy to have a flying job." How long do you have to be shat upon by a company that doesn't value it's employees before you get fed up, grow a backbone and take a stand? We're not asking for huge raises, we know that's not realistic in this environment. What we are asking for is low or no cost improvements in QOL and scheduling. I know many pilots that would rather walk away from this profession than bend over and take another raping in the form of a substandard contract, myself included. If you vote no on a strike vote, you send a clear message to management that they have us by the balls, things will get worse at ASA and it will be what you deserve for rolling over in the first place.

I will NOT take whatever management gives me. I'm NOT just happy to have a flying job. I will quit if things get worse, and thats why you miss the point.

My point is that voting on a strike will do no good. (Actually having one would just put the company under, so that certainly doesn't help either.) I think it will make things more adversarial, and it will hurt the negotiation process, and make management even more likely to do things we don't want just to piss us off. I think the best way to get better results is to go to management not as an adversary, but as a partner. The problem is that everyone is so pissed off now on both sides, that neither is willing to bend. Both sides need to take a deep breath, and use their brains.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back