• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Transmissions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As for your first paragraph, I don't know. Being one that " crossed over" believe me we, the pilots of UCH, spend a lot of energy complaining about what is different between the two sub airlines. Believe it or not there is a lot that is the same. The further away from the merger we get, the more we cross over the better off we will all be.

I heard an interesting analogy explaining our merger. Airline A brought a Porsche to the merger. Airline B brought a top of the line Land Rover to the merger. Our idiots management team thought " hey I like that car but the tires on that land rover are better...let's put them on the Porsche. ( best from both airlines right??.). Obviously it didn't work.

Yes I am using the DC Pro X. They sell them at the stop over store in IAH. They are $637. I am quite happy with them. The battery pack takes two AA batteries and lasts for about a month. I have flown with a few that had the telex headset which has no battery pack but in my opinion they are not as quiet or comfortable. Also they have the foam over the mike so the folks chiming in on this thread are happy with me.

Looking for the like button.

Eaglesview: I started out with plenty of regard and appreciation for the UAL side. And my current frustration is not centered on SLI or anything personal. I have growing contempt for Flt ops mgt, in particular with regard to the 756/76T oversight and the complete disregard for CAL common practices. Let's not air that here.

With specific regard to this thread: Each time, and in all ways, that our airline is run down by others (especially SWA) a competeing opinion should be offered. We're not doing ourselves any favors by trying to take the high road or deferring it to some form of professionalism. That SWA commercial that claims they "fly the big planes" should be matched with a UAL commercial that shows the size comparison of our wide bodies what a first class seat looks like. We'll be chastised mercilessly by them for it, but it's their own exact behavior when they go to bat for their airline.

Eaglesview: I started out with plenty of regard and appreciation for the UAL side. And my current frustration is not centered on SLI or anything personal. I have growing contempt for Flt ops mgt, in particular with regard to the 756/76T oversight and the complete disregard for CAL common practices. Let's not air that here.

With specific regard to this thread: Each time, and in all ways, that our airline is run down by others (especially SWA) a competeing opinion should be offered. We're not doing ourselves any favors by trying to take the high road or deferring it to some form of professionalism. That SWA commercial that claims they "fly the big planes" should be matched with a UAL commercial that shows the size comparison of our wide bodies what a first class seat looks like. We'll be chastised mercilessly by them for it, but it's their own exact behavior when they go to bat for their airline.

I agree with bold, underlined point. That's what healthy competition is all about. RE: the rest-boo f*cking hoo!

Remember the AWA mosh pit adds of the 90's. Couldn't get more insulting (or funny) than those. I'm not sure what SWAs response was back then but I'm certain both sides benefited from the outcome. That's what it's all about. SWAs not United or vice versa. Different products, sometimes same customers. Some, never.

Like Tony Soprano told Phil Leotardo, "there's enough money to go around for everyone."

I agree with bold, underlined point. That's what healthy competition is all about. RE: the rest-boo f*cking hoo!

Remember the AWA mosh pit adds of the 90's. Couldn't get more insulting (or funny) than those. I'm not sure what SWAs response was back then but I'm certain both sides benefited from the outcome. That's what it's all about. SWAs not United or vice versa. Different products, sometimes same customers. Some, never.

Like Tony Soprano told Phil Leotardo, "there's enough money to go around for everyone."

Thank you!!!!! There is nothing healthy about the UAL and ALPA mentalities. There are no rules in a knife fight.

Please get them to do that^^^^

It'll be fun

Getting back to the original post.......you would think the UAL pilots would hear their fellow flights, hear how awful they sound, and tell their flight ops people to do something about it.

Getting back to the original post.......you would think the UAL pilots would hear their fellow flights, hear how awful they sound, and tell their flight ops people to do something about it.

We sent and email to see if they could provide some cheese with your whine and were just waiting for a response.

Sure let's air it out here... What do you mean by the first paragraph? Give me an example. As a person having worked on both sides I am very curious.

Special airports. Ex: Bogota requires thrust reverse and anti skid for dispatch. Or at least it currently does, sUAL pilot mgrs think it's superfluous. They can't get Sabre to recognize it properly (which ought to be an easy fix), and instead of keeping it a requirement would rather make it acceptable on a pilot to pilot basis. Which I think is ridiculous, but sUAL guys LOVE to refuse airplanes so much it seems even the mgt pilots want to create more opportunities to do it! Our reliability in South America will plummet and we'll be out if there before we know it. Which also seems like part of the plan.* I swear every single damn thing we did that made money sUAL can not wait to get rid of. ASAP.

So you not only have time at UAL and CAL, but also EAL. How did EAL do it?

*It doesn't seem like the sUAL want to stay in business. Seriously, like they think passengers will simply put up with chronically late/cancelled flights. I used to think they were trying to hold the line on properly maintained airplanes. I've learned that's not the case, at all. It's about their lost pension. Which sucks, but this BS isn't going to get it back.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back