• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United to review new pilot applications starting next week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting diversion of the topic, but rather pointless.
I paid alpa dues to national for 10 years and when laid off because of scope relaxation, aircraft retirement, fuel, and management's lies (they knew they were going to furlough us when hired) what was my 10 years of seniority and paid dues worth? NOTHING.
Who SIGNED AND NEGOTIATED the contracts at all alpa carriers allowing the 50 and 70 seaters at regionals? Not alpa at the major, or alpa at the regional. The alpa NATIONAL CHAIRMAN signs them, and they are negotiated and approved by the alpa national REPRESENTATION DEPT. So, poor leadership and vision at the MEC, and at the national leadership level.
But they are starting to get it now. Why? because their own senior aircraft and routes are now threatened by outsourcing.
What we NEED is alpa national leadership looking out for ALL the pilots in this profession, not just the few politically connected or the seniors at the majors.

End of sermon.

Let's stop yelling at each other across company lines, blaming this guy over here, or that poor schmuck at the regional.
I'm going back in November, because I gamble that the jcba will be signed by the time I get out of training. And if I wait until LUAL recalls everyone senior to me will go first and I'll have to wait a year.
If no jcba gets approved I"ll have no health care and will never be home. That is pathetic for our profession. Stop pointing the finger at regional schmucks. YOUR mec and alpa national agreed to that.

best wishes to all of you, I wish you luck and better times!

# of Skywest pilots that have crossed a picket line.....0
Number of Cal cAPTAINS that have..........................25%

Number of Skywest pilots that have Better work rules than CAL 100%.

Clarify here. I don't remember skywest ever having been forced into a concessionary contract. I also don't remember where skywest ever to had to pay for their fuel, ticketing, p-clubs, gates, or for that matter their aircraft. You fit right in with blo-jama economics. Get all you can at the expense of others. Never pay for what you have, simply allow it to be taken from others so they can support you in the lifestyle to which you have become accustomed and to which you think you deserve. It's easy to say your the best when you don't have to put the sweat equity into anything. Or am I being intolerant here?

Clarify here. I don't remember skywest ever having been forced into a concessionary contract. I also don't remember where skywest ever to had to pay for their fuel, ticketing, p-clubs, gates, or for that matter their aircraft. You fit right in with blo-jama economics. Get all you can at the expense of others. Never pay for what you have, simply allow it to be taken from others so they can support you in the lifestyle to which you have become accustomed and to which you think you deserve. It's easy to say your the best when you don't have to put the sweat equity into anything. Or am I being intolerant here?

Getting way off topic. Nothing against CAL pilots, nor Skywest pilots, but to ask a Skywest guy to fight your battle and loose his job over it is pathetic. Skywest is a contract vendor for United no more no less. For CAL pilots to ask Skywest crews to refuse going to work when there is no work action is absurd. In 2001 plenty of Skywest crews stood up and refused any additional flying that was Comair's during there strike. The only point is if CAL pilots had and issue they should have refused to fly if they felt there scope was being violated. UAL pilots when to battle against the company when the company in our opinion crossed the line with the out sourcing flying to Air Lingus out of the IAD hub. Our battle our fight.... Any my economics are much closer in line with the other guy as my work ethic for fighting my own fights.

Anyway.... Guess what - I heard United Is going to review new pilot applications starting next week. We should start a thread about it.

That's a hint Jerkys. :)

Anyway.... Guess what - I heard United Is going to review new pilot applications starting next week. We should start a thread about it.

That's a hint Jerkys. :)

So applications will begin to be reviewed NEXT week? Anyone familiar with when calls may go out to off-the-street for interviews? Thanks for any info.!

If UNICAL management was smart, they'd get off the dime in negotiations, or at least come up with a MOU to improve the first year pay and insurance situation. They way it is, they're not going to get any experienced pilots to apply. It says something when a company is lowering its standards at the beginning of a hiring wave.

If UNICAL management was smart, they'd get off the dime in negotiations, or at least come up with a MOU to improve the first year pay and insurance situation. They way it is, they're not going to get any experienced pilots to apply. It says something when a company is lowering its standards at the beginning of a hiring wave.

LOL-they could take away healthcare for a year and they'll still get THOUSANDS of folks with multi-thousands of PIC applying. Just watch. Not that it's right, but it is supply and demand.

11+ years at ASA - 4000 hr. CRJ PIC - 11 letters of rec. from current CPOs, past people I flew with that are now @ CAL & a prior capt who is now FAA, nothing bad at all in my history - had my app in since 2007... What else do I need to do to get into the short stack so I can get a call soon?

Current CAL/UAL CPO's?

Latest resources

Back