• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United to review new pilot applications starting next week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because you were personally going to feed their families and pay for medical expenses and such while they were looking for a new job. Continental violated your scope not the pilots at Skywest.

The Skywest pilots who willing bid Houston were sending a clear message that they intended to violate our lawful scope. It was not much different than crossing a picket line. You don't have to interact with them too much to figure out it wouldn't have mattered to them if it was a picket line.

Don't act like your Eastern days matter and our problems don't. Getting real sick of your generation's crap.

The Skywest pilots who willing bid Houston were sending a clear message that they intended to violate our lawful scope. It was not much different than crossing a picket line. You don't have to interact with them too much to figure out it wouldn't have mattered to them if it was a picket line.

Don't act like your Eastern days matter and our problems don't. Getting real sick of your generation's crap.

Not even close to crossing a picket line. Amazing the guys who expect someone else to stand up "Saying Skywest pilots should refuse to fly the trips" but yet have no problem going to work and watching your scope get tossed out. Have some balls and a back bone and don't ask some regional pilot to do your fighting.

For purposes of this thread topic let me be clear: I don't want any non-union pilots working here as a first choice.

Can we not agree on that?!

You are such an idiot I don't know if you are actually an airline pilot. Willing to bid??? What if none of them were "willing to bid.' Guess what, there would be junior pilots assigned the flying. And then, in your typical fashion, you make crap up. You are such a worldly human being that you can use your spider sense to alert you that this guy would wouldn't care if there was a picket line. UNBELIEVABLE. I doubt you have ever walked a picket line yourself and therefore have no clue what you are saying.

FYI for the 100th time, try to listen this time, I have no issue with the CO of today. My Eastern experience, concerning the CO pilots, occurred 23 years ago.

For purposes of this thread topic let me be clear: I don't want any non-union pilots working here as a first choice.

Can we not agree on that?!

Good lets get those guys willing to fly max hours and cAPTAINS willing to fly in the right seat when guys were on the street. Sounds like a great bunch of guys. You will be thankful that United Pilots held on to some from of work rules in BK.

You are such an idiot I don't know if you are actually an airline pilot. Willing to bid??? What if none of them were "willing to bid.' Guess what, there would be junior pilots assigned the flying. And then, in your typical fashion, you make crap up. You are such a worldly human being that you can use your spider sense to alert you that this guy would wouldn't care if there was a picket line. UNBELIEVABLE. I doubt you have ever walked a picket line yourself and therefore have no clue what you are saying.

FYI for the 100th time, try to listen this time, I have no issue with the CO of today. My Eastern experience, concerning the CO pilots, occurred 23 years ago.

They should not have bid it [IAH]!!! It should have been awarded in reverse seniority order. Skywest pilots should have a union and and a contract that states they don't have to do any flying that violates another pilot groups' contract. They don't. They have voted down a union 3 times; That constitutes chronic failure. Additionally, these pilots agreed to fly 70 seat airplanes for 50 seat pay in the face of United's BK for "growth". You don't have a problem with that?!

You were elevated in the hiring pool at UAL because you were an Eastern striker [solid union pilot]. I think that was good and is the kind of thing that should be continued. If a Skywest pilot wants to be here, and a UAL pilot can vouch for their feeling on working in a union, then great! Let's get them on board. I want to work with pilots who want to toe the line and be reliable union members. What's your problem with that?

Last edited:
You will be thankful that United Pilots held on to some from of work rules in BK.

Good! Because you sure as hell didn't hold onto anything else. Thanks for this 70 seat airplane disease pal. You talk about CAs in the right seat and guys flying max hours? That is nothing compared scope.

Because you were personally going to feed their families and pay for medical expenses and such while they were looking for a new job.

UH, YES! Absolutely. Everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. All they would have had to do was be ALPA. BE IN A UNION! I've never voted no on an assessment, and I sure as hell wouldn't have said no to an assessment for Skywest pilots if they had refused to violate my scope. I don't care if it was 25% of my pay. I don't care if we paid every one of them a full paycheck to stay home. It would have been worth every penny.

Did you not go on strike? Did you not take strike pay? Where pray tell did you think those dollars came from?! You make a mockery of the whole union premise (and ur a striker?!) and then you call me an idiot? Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back