Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

urflyingme?!

Man Among Men
I'm sure your company hasn't consulted ALPA leadership on this issue, and I know that your opinion of us regional pukes may not be the best, but I thought you would like to know what has been going on in YOUR name.

United recently changed the travel 'privelages' by installing a yearly fee, and some other fun new fees. Two important things about the fees, we have until July 25th to pay up, or we don't get to non-rev till Jan 1, when we can pay up again! Fee will be around 200 bucks. And if you miss the deadline? No luck till next year!

That is all fine and well, this is the airlines and people do crazy stuff all the time. The part that YOU might be concerned about applies to the jumpseat. IF a pilot has not paid this fee, and there is ANY empty seats in the back, he/she will not be able to ride on ANY United or United express aircraft, including that employee's OWN aircraft.

I don't know about you guys, but this sounds like a bunch of BS. The Captain and the Union are the ones who should be negotiating the jumpseat, not some benefits admin down in the loop in Chicago.

FWIW, the new benefits suck as well....

Thats OK,
Mainline pilots and non revs need my jumpseat worse than I need their jumpseat/help. Effectively now, I will not add ballast to get a UAL/DAL jumpseater on the A/C. I will not 2 engine taxi to burn "extra" fuel to get above mentioned employee groups on the plane, nor will I move carry ons from the pit to get aforementioned employee groups on the a/c, you guys can buy a full fare ticket if you want to go on my a/c, because I will do nothing to get you in the back or the cockpit. Other offline riders you are welcome anytime, I will do everthing humanly possible to get you where you are going! BTW I will buy ID passes to ride on anyone but UAL/DAL. My insurgency has started and jihaad has been declared, one guy who is flying one of the 2500+ flights daily.
PBR

Not the reaction I was looking for.

More like, UAL pilots telling Glen to shove it and let them have control of their jumpseat. We have till July 25th.

Thats OK,
Mainline pilots and non revs need my jumpseat worse than I need their jumpseat/help. Effectively now, I will not add ballast to get a UAL/DAL jumpseater on the A/C. I will not 2 engine taxi to burn "extra" fuel to get above mentioned employee groups on the plane, nor will I move carry ons from the pit to get aforementioned employee groups on the a/c, you guys can buy a full fare ticket if you want to go on my a/c, because I will do nothing to get you in the back or the cockpit. Other offline riders you are welcome anytime, I will do everthing humanly possible to get you where you are going! BTW I will buy ID passes to ride on anyone but UAL/DAL. My insurgency has started and jihaad has been declared, one guy who is flying one of the 2500+ flights daily.
PBR

Ok, I'm trying to figure out why Delta deserves the brunt of your childish jumpseat rant?? Wasn't this a United thread??

Enquiring minds and all.......

I belive DL charges a yearly fee (for connection carriers) while currently UAL does not. Although according to your message you now say UAL does for express carriers. I don't see the big deal in this but perhaps I'm missing something (I'm tired and I've been working in the yard all day...that's my excuse :))

United just started charging this fee. You can get around it on Delta, but the gate agent has your nuts in a vice.

The problem here is an airline CHARGING for the jumpseat, and at the beginning of the year you MUST pay or risk being stranded by some unforeseen event. Mesa, SKYW, RAH etc don't charge UAL or DAL pilots for the ride. We shouldn't have to pay. I figured that some UAL guys would like to know that their company is charging people for the jumpseat, 200 bucks.... Guess not?

This is for the jumpseat? Or is it for non-rev seats? Either way, it may start an unhappy trend. Sorry for those affected.

I'm sure your company hasn't consulted ALPA leadership on this issue, and I know that your opinion of us regional pukes may not be the best, but I thought you would like to know what has been going on in YOUR name.

United recently changed the travel 'privelages' by installing a yearly fee, and some other fun new fees. Two important things about the fees, we have until July 25th to pay up, or we don't get to non-rev till Jan 1, when we can pay up again! Fee will be around 200 bucks. And if you miss the deadline? No luck till next year!

That is all fine and well, this is the airlines and people do crazy stuff all the time. The part that YOU might be concerned about applies to the jumpseat. IF a pilot has not paid this fee, and there is ANY empty seats in the back, he/she will not be able to ride on ANY United or United express aircraft, including that employee's OWN aircraft.

I don't know about you guys, but this sounds like a bunch of BS. The Captain and the Union are the ones who should be negotiating the jumpseat, not some benefits admin down in the loop in Chicago.

FWIW, the new benefits suck as well....

SO is this the scenario you are discussing?

Jumpseating on UAL completely full flight you can ride the jumpseat as a OMC. Same UAL flight 30 open seats and you try to jumpseat. Per UAL policy a jumpseater has to sit in the back if there are open seats so now because you have not signed up for travel benefits you are not allowed to ride? How are they going to rectify this with AA, NWA, DAL, and all other carriers not associated with UAL.

772, spot on. It's only for UAX types. Nothing like beating your help, right?

Latest resources

Back