• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United to Charge Express Pilots to Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a commuter I agree this is ridiculous. However, just for perspective, prior to 2000 almost every airline offered only one maybe 2 jumpseats. Any other riders had to use their non-rev agreements. It was common to be signed up for the jumpseat just to have a UAL pilot come and take it. You either wrote a pass or got left behind. This really is nothing new.

Obviously, I believe the unlimited jumpseats today is significantly better. But really, starting jumpseat wars is childish and petty. And believe me, I can tell you who the winners would be in that game.

What if you company doesn't have a ZED/ID90 agreement with UAL? I know for a fact that mine doesn't, and we have alot of guys that commute on UAL.

What if you company doesn't have a ZED/ID90 agreement with UAL? I know for a fact that mine doesn't, and we have alot of guys that commute on UAL.

That's always been a problem. However, hopefully the agreements will stay in place and the question will be moot.

When I used to commute on UAL I found most of their pilots more than willing to "write a pass" so get an offline jumpseater on.

Everytime I jump seated on UAL, the pilots have been a pleasure to deal with! Very proffessional and some of the best-but I am lucky I have other options such as Southwest to use to get to work. Now I only use UA about 2-3 times a year. (half of the time a Fed wants to ride up front, so I lose the js anyway)

Latest resources

Back