United to Charge Express Pilots to Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BULL$HIT alert!!!!

PBR has no idea what he's talking about.

Delta NEVER charged for the jumpseat and they do NOT TODAY!!!

Delta charged a yearly fee for unlimited travel per year (50 bucks) for employees AND connection employees.

United and American charges a per mile charge and some transcon trips would go over 50 for ONE round trip.

Please see through the crybaby PBR and his flamebait against Delta. It's all wrong and he's spreading rumors.

IMHO....United pilots need to put their foot down if the jumpseat is for sale. It's a dangerous trend that needs to be stopped.

Maybe the UAX guys can work with the UAL MEC to help with this jumpseat issue...

How is the relationship between the UAX pilots and the UAL MEC?

My understanding is that I can always jump seat for free. I can't Non rev unless I pay the fee which I thought was 10 for an express leg and 20 for a mainline leg and 50 for international. Jump seating is still free as far as I know. Someone in the know correct me if I am wrong because if I am wrong I foresee a jump seat war brewing that some crusty old United types certainly will find great humor in not getting to work. They wont mind being denied at all.

I dont believe this is flaimebait. DL and DCI carriers have to pay the $50 for travel. You are not allowed to "flowback" to the cabin from the cockpit no matter how you are listed. I think this is a growing trend ala DL. I'm afraid in the future for commuters this will be the equation:

(# of airlines you commute on) X ($50) = your cost to get to work per year

BULL$HIT alert!!!!

PBR has no idea what he's talking about.

Delta NEVER charged for the jumpseat and they do NOT TODAY!!!

Delta charged a yearly fee for unlimited travel per year (50 bucks) for employees AND connection employees.

United and American charges a per mile charge and some transcon trips would go over 50 for ONE round trip.

Please see through the crybaby PBR and his flamebait against Delta. It's all wrong and he's spreading rumors.

IMHO....United pilots need to put their foot down if the jumpseat is for sale. It's a dangerous trend that needs to be stopped.
Bill,
After you get those TPS reports done, read the "new" travel agreements. Get back to me on Sat.
PBR

I foresee a jump seat war brewing that some crusty old United types certainly will find great humor in not getting to work. They wont mind being denied at all.

The sword cuts both way's my friend.
Nothing can be gained by a Jump Seat war, let's get polictics out of the JS and work this out.

May Glenn rot in H$ll.

Peace

Koko

I guess we'll see if UAL ALPA ducks and covers with this beating like they have for everything else since the BK.

The sword cuts both way's my friend.
Nothing can be gained by a Jump Seat war, let's get polictics out of the JS and work this out.

May Glenn rot in H$ll.

Peace

Koko
Not quite accurate, the sword cuts on it' edge, I have the handle in my hands. I am OK with buying IDs for my leisure travel on anything except UAL/DAL, can the UAL/DAL pilots say they don't need my jumpseat? Because I don't need theirs. This isn't war it's an insurgent jihad, will every UAL/DAL pilot be denied the jumpseat, no, because on some days the numbers will work out, I will not violate the terms of the agreement, but make no mistake, I will do NOTHING to insure said UAL/DAL jumpseaters get into the J/S or seat in the back. The reality is they will never know why they didn't get on, they just won't. This will just manifest it's self as a rising trend in "unable to get to work" problem. Forums like this will slowly come to light and the word will get out to the MECs and it will or won't get solved.
Bottom line is this job is getting to the point of not worth doing any longer. Maybe I will find a cubicle to work in, and sleep at home every night, and make more real money, who knows. If you are a UAL/DAL pilot going to work or on vacation to Kalispell, your transport just be came less certain than it has been, money out of my pocket, means time out of yours.
PBR

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back