United to Charge Express Pilots to Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey,
UAL does not give 2 dog nuggets for the UALex guys, the only way they will listen is if their own start to realize that they might not get to work. These are the same guys who wanted to bump us out of our own jumpseats, via super seniority clause in the jumpseat priority list.
PBR
DAL started this trend and UAL management, being short bus riders took 2 years to figure it out. Until we demonstrate to UAL/DAl that they need us as bad as we need them, we are phuked. In the meantime sorry guys, you cant be bothered to monitor what is going on with your own reciprocal jumpseat agreements, be prepared to walk, drive or cry, game on!

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement! And I object!!!

It should read, "UAL does not give 2 dog nuggets for the UALex guys nor any of its Mainline employees." Now.... that's better.

Where the hell is Gordon Bethune?

If this BS spreads, hopefully it will be addressed in the CBA's of the future. It would be ironic if a contract had the airline pay the yearly fee for each pilot, fee gets negotiated in or out of Connection/Express etc. contracts....yada yada yada, back to square one.

This must be for non-rev travel. OMC is free.

MESA sux.

Sure, but if the policy is that you can only OMC if the plane is full then it's the same as charging for the JS. A guy would have to pay the yearly fee since there is bound to be an empty seat on 1 or 2 commutes throughout the year.

Since this is starting mid-year it sounds like they don't even have the courtesy to prorate this year but instead are charging the full amount for half a year. Pathetic regardless.

MESA sux.

Sure, but if the policy is that you can only OMC if the plane is full then it's the same as charging for the JS. A guy would have to pay the yearly fee since there is bound to be an empty seat on 1 or 2 commutes throughout the year.

You sir have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. If you request the JS and there are empty seats in the back, you are asked to take a seat in the back. You are still considered an OMC; therefore you will not be charged a non-rev fee. Once and OMC always an OMC even if riding in the back!

You sir have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. If you request the JS and there are empty seats in the back, you are asked to take a seat in the back. You are still considered an OMC; therefore you will not be charged a non-rev fee. Once and OMC always an OMC even if riding in the back!

I'm just restating what the OP said in post number one. Here, I bolded the part that directly conflicts with what you just said.

...United recently changed the travel 'privelages' by installing a yearly fee, and some other fun new fees. Two important things about the fees, we have until July 25th to pay up, or we don't get to non-rev till Jan 1, when we can pay up again! Fee will be around 200 bucks. And if you miss the deadline? No luck till next year!

That is all fine and well, this is the airlines and people do crazy stuff all the time. The part that YOU might be concerned about applies to the jumpseat. IF a pilot has not paid this fee, and there is ANY empty seats in the back, he/she will not be able to ride on ANY United or United express aircraft, including that employee's OWN aircraft.

I don't know about you guys, but this sounds like a bunch of BS. The Captain and the Union are the ones who should be negotiating the jumpseat, not some benefits admin down in the loop in Chicago.

FWIW, the new benefits suck as well....

I think ASA has had/is having something similar with Delta.

You choose not to pay the $200 for NRSA privileges, try to list yourself as a jumpseater with the gate agent. The computer then automatically tries to list you as a NRSA (non-rev) because there are seats available, and you get denied because you have not paid the $200 as a Non Rev.

Jumpseat Request Denied. Real hassle for all involved (gate agent and pilot)

NOPE. No 200 bucks, 50/50 shot at not making it to work.

If I was on property then I could research this for you........but furloughed since this management thinks 70 seat airplanes can eventually replace all domestic flying.

Guess it sucks for both of us........pay 200 bucks to get to a low paying job or not having to pay anything to get to no job at all. Take your pick.

Simmer down children, this will get worked out. I have no love for the top of my former company but I do believe in the grunts in the polyester ties. It may take some time but in the end the jumpseat is not something the pilots like forking with, and everything will end up square. In the mean time, put away your childish rants and talk of Jihad (you really sound like an idiot), pay your "left at the gate" fee if you are so inclined and move on with your life. (or what suffices for a life)

I gotta get to class.

runnin'beyotch

Latest resources

Back