Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United: Thanks for flying the friendly skies.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would hope your neighbor takes into account the TOTAL cost to fly your imaginary family of five to Brussels. But hey it's your story so stick too it.

White Cloud....Same old chip towards everything UAL, bye the bye wasn't UAL supposed to be out of business by Feb 06 according to you?

Tell your "friend" to book on AA.

Western Europe is beautiful this time of the year, have you thought about joining them?

Headwinds

Koko

koko nw said:
I would hope your neighbor takes into account the TOTAL cost to fly your imaginary family of five to Brussels. But hey it's your story so stick too it.

White Cloud....Same old chip towards everything UAL, bye the bye wasn't UAL supposed to be out of business by Feb 06 according to you?

Tell your "friend" to book on AA.

Western Europe is beautiful this time of the year, have you thought about joining them?

Headwinds

Koko
Once again.....no response except personal attacks. When you can't defend UAL you might as well attack the critics. You guys starting to charge for snacks now? Oil is $75/barrell now....how's it going?

WhiteCloud said:
Once again.....no response except personal attacks. When you can't defend UAL you might as well attack the critics. You guys starting to charge for snacks now? Oil is $75/barrell now....how's it going?

I'm doing fine, on mil loa and should get my twenty here shortly but thanks for your concern.

Your personal grudge against UAL is so transparent even you I hope can see through it. Why would I defend the actions of a corporation? You think I or any of our employee's have any control over what they charge for a snack??

Your blind anger for UAL has handicapped your ability to dis-associate UAL Corp from the folks who just work there. Look at your past posts, nothing but drive bye's and the underling theme of UAL go bye bye. Does it give you a chubby wishing for the lost of jobs for ten's of thousands of folks? Have you lost a job? I have and it's no fun telling the wife and kid's that daddy's got furloughed...but here we are with YOU wishing to make it a permanent furlough....Dude that's just wrong on a personal level.

I can tell you that the past five years at UAL have been traumatic for me and my family along with all of the employee's who work here. You know WC if you strip away the uniforms we wear to work we look amazingly like your neighbors and possibly even friends. So it boggles my mind that some creatin would wish for their jobs to go away? Dude that's sub-human man, I would hope you get some counselling for your anger.

UAL has it's warts...alot of them :) Were working on them. We are in intensive care with a marginal chance of survival according to some. I can accept that. I can also accept $75+ oil. What I can't accept is another pilot's wish for a company to liquidate.........Dude that's below pond scum

And as far as personal attacks. Were you not the one who was prognosticating and wishing for UAL to Chap 7 by Feb 06?????
How more personal can you get?

It must be nice sitting in your supposed white tower/horse throwing out little snippets here and there and then proclaiming sheepishly "who me get personal how dare you" Puuuhleeze, your pathetic.

Koko

Last edited:
In all that post there wasn't one comment supporting UAL and their actions in bankruptcy. Just more personal attacks. Is UAL going to survive more than a few more years? Given the way they conduct business I doubt it. Personal.....maybe for you but I have no doubt you and your coworkers can find other jobs....maybe even one you'd like more.

WhiteCloud said:
In all that post there wasn't one comment supporting UAL and their actions in bankruptcy. Just more personal attacks. Is UAL going to survive more than a few more years? Given the way they conduct business I doubt it. Personal.....maybe for you but I have no doubt you and your coworkers can find other jobs....maybe even one you'd like more.

You know you may get your wish, I hope not but I'm prepared otherwise.
I thought I made myself abundantly clear in my earlier post that I don't know if UAL's going to be around or support some of the tactics UAL Corporation has used against US. Believe me I live it day in day out.

So I ask again....Why the heartburn towards UAL? You still haven't answered that. Look back at your post, all the snide little snippets of "are you going to be here tomorrow" "the skies falling" "all will be better if you guy's go out of business" "charging for snacks" "oils at $75 what are you going to do"
And YOU have the audacity to say your not getting personal?? YGTBSM!

Maybe your just a little insecure in the fact that UAL MIGHT just survive and possibly prosper to your detriment? Is that why you wish ill will towards us?
By the way who do YOU work for? I can't imagine too many airlines without financial difficulties especially with the oil prices as they are. Should they go away? How about US Air? You didn't seem to have to much heartburn when they raped and pillaged their employee's TWICE!!!! Where was your outrage when that happened???? What a hypocrite.

And please the placating you'll find a job somewhere else doesn't fly here. I find that statement amazingly callous and totalling devoid of any empathy towards your "fellow" aviators.

Koko

WhiteCloud said:
That's right except once the plane leaves the empty seat is worthless. Even if you charge $10. for IAD to LAX that's still $10 more in your pocket than if you had the seat empty. It's a tough game to figure out. Get this quote from my neighbor today.........Cost to fly their dog to Brussels when they move this summer. UAL $900. AA $100. Who do think gets the to fly the family of 5 and the pooch? Not even close.

Sorry wrongcloud. You charge $10 bucks you don't get $10 in revenue because the 180lbs the person weighs plus the weight of their two checked pieces of luggage cost more than $10 in fuel to fly. So you actually save money by flying that empty seat, rather than giving it away for $10.

As for your dog to europe? Ever hear of the quarantine periods? Who takes a dog with them on vacation unless they are traveling like the clampets in an airstream or like Paris Hilton in a Gulfstream.

Please provide a link for the fares as I would love to see this. If so I promise to bring it to someones attention of this is true or if this just another one of your anti UAL fantasy's. Since your poor old dead Indpendence Air is auctioning off all of their goodies this week and UAL is moving back into the A gates at IAD I suppose we could see why you have your craw filled with venom. Stop hating. UAL won the battle with flyi, you need to let it go. Whether or not UAL survives in the long run is still to be determined. However, to bash a company for trying to get more revenue is a bit absurd considering you talk about the poor financials of the company. Is this not what they should be doing?

WhiteCloud said:
Is UAL going to survive more than a few more years? Given the way they conduct business I doubt it.

So now you give us a few more years? You have gone from every month last year, to Feb 06 to now a few more years. Excellent. Glad to see you coming on board. As to what we have given or not given to stay in business that is OUR call and not yours. How much did you give to save flyi? I am still getting paychecks from my airline that pay the bills, have a little left over and still have some goodies to keep me off the streets. How is your paycheck from flyi? Still keeping a roof over your head?

Latest resources

Back