Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United: Thanks for flying the friendly skies.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
theo said:
Uhmm...who needs customers? Really, you don't think you need customers?

You don't need customers who aren't willing to pay a fair price for services rendered. It does nothing but set an unrealistic standard which benefits no airline in the long run.

A lot of airline reporters are still stuck in the "burn-the-evil-airlines" mantra of 2000. Remember the "Passenger Bill of Rights?"

I think the UAL Gershwin commercials are about the classiest airline commercials since the Pan Am days.

I always loved their mid 80's Gershwin commercials where the finale to Rhapsody in Bleu always provided a dramatic ending to the add with a 747 rotating or something like that. During their recent trip to CH.11 the Gershwin was retained but with different movements and a cartoon visual. I thought that as soon as they exited bankrupsy, the add campaign would be go back to the final movement with some aircraft scenes picturing that great new paint scheme and a tribute to the airline and their employees who have suffered so much in recent years to keep the airline alive. It would have been such a moral builder and nastalgic for the rest of us.

IAHERJ

GogglesPisano said:
A lot of airline reporters are still stuck in the "burn-the-evil-airlines" mantra of 2000. Remember the "Passenger Bill of Rights?"

I think the UAL Gershwin commercials are about the classiest airline commercials since the Pan Am days.

They need to lose those stupid ones that have shown up in the last few months. The "Gucci" cartoon-ish ones with the business man fighting a dragon and the chick who flies to a meeting with "animals" to get her point across in person. They turn back into normal people once she makes her point - not my favorite.
Hot chicks and some comedy - that's what they need. :D Gershwin ain't bad either.

Gershwin's gotta go

If United is finally giving up Rhapsody in Blue, it's none too soon. They've been flogging that melody for way too many years. I was doing the coast-to-coast thing on them a couple time a month for a while in the mid-90's (gov't city pair carrier) and got to really hate the song. I would have gladly given up my 100K+ Mileage Plus miles if they would've stop playing the same 8-10 bars of it over and over again. Damm thing still makes my skin crawl.

You should try spending an hour in the "Tunnel of Love" of ORD. It's Gerhswin on LSD.

I love AA's brilliant :)rolleyes: ) new slogan: "We know why you fly..."

The subtext should be: Because the BUS is too expensive and the TRAIN has a dress code...

Murph

ils2minimums said:
I love AA's brilliant :)rolleyes: ) new slogan: "We know why you fly..."

The subtext should be: Because the BUS is too expensive and the TRAIN has a dress code...

GUFFAW!!

Well done!

I like "Rhapsody" as a theme.

My recommendation to NWA was "It's A Small World" song from the DisneyWorld ride.

If the music doesn't induce you to take a sniper rifle and climb a clock tower, we could change the lyrics,

It's a small seat afffter all!
It's a small seat afffter all!
It's a small, small seat!

Slice121 said:
You don't need customers who aren't willing to pay a fair price for services rendered. It does nothing but set an unrealistic standard which benefits no airline in the long run.

That's right except once the plane leaves the empty seat is worthless. Even if you charge $10. for IAD to LAX that's still $10 more in your pocket than if you had the seat empty. It's a tough game to figure out. Get this quote from my neighbor today.........Cost to fly their dog to Brussels when they move this summer. UAL $900. AA $100. Who do think gets the to fly the family of 5 and the pooch? Not even close.

Latest resources

Back