• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Strike Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just enjoy giving you $hit because you set yourself up for it. ;)

no problem with that because that is what I used to do! I now want to try and be more legit. I will admit I am suprised PBR hasn't came on here with his usual butt jokes. He seems to be quite obsessed with that part of the human anatomy.

You say you don't agree with strikes as a negotiating tool, do you think it is okay that L-Cal pilots have been in negotiations for over 4 years because mgt chooses not to neg in good faith and drag their feet to the neg table? Do you like losing buying power on the money YOU earn, due to inflation, simply because your employer does not value you enough as an employee to get to the table and re-negotiate an industry standard or higher wage??

I am doing quite well. House already paid off so I am doing just fine. I will survive with or without a strike. I am already satisfied so I do not need to hear lectures about being underpaid. Again I will be fine either way. Good faith is simply a silly buzz word to me but if you think you are getting screwed over then more power to you

And we're all very impressed. *golf clap*

:rolleyes:

Enjoy ALPA while it lasts(hint SWA is too smart to vote those clowns in) Nice moral victory though you had your ALPA for a little while.

I am already satisfied so I do not need to hear lectures about being underpaid.

That's the problem, and it speaks to the quality of people that are entering the profession today. People who don't have any other marketable skills seem to be stumbling into the airline profession because it was easy (after you paid your 100k) and you got hired at an airline straight out of training. Just like those second career types that thought being a pilot would be better than sitting in their cubicle collating TPS reports, even though they get paid less flying. If pay and QOL had not dropped precipitously, the profession would still be attracting people who are currently going elsewhere with their education, work ethic, professionalism, and intellect, and those who are "satisfied" with the state of the profession today would have never been hired.

Go ahead and vote for it. I will vote no and in all honesty the chance of being released is very slim. You think Mr Obama wants to trash the economy with it being so fragile? I don't think so. I will not talk like that in the crew lounge out loud of course not. I know how to keep it real. As has been stated before people know who I am and what I stand for. If we do get released I already have money saved so I will be fine. I am tired of being told how to vote and how to live my life. I do not like ALPA and I do not like the concept of strikes. That being said I will respect the majority should a strike(extremely unlikely thank goodness) actually come to fruition. Quit trying to intimidate me, it does not work.

Who said anything about intimidation. I was only making a point. Like I said, easy to talk the talk when your behind a keyboard. Typical response. Why am I not surprised.

Hellonewman, have you noticed all the "I's" and "Me's" in your posts. Kind of draws the picture that it's all about you. To he11 with everyone else and the profession. As long as you got yours I guess. What a way to live your life.

Don't feed the trolls!

Hey Newman if a strike vote really is just a process to show a groups unity why wouldn't you vote yes? In my opinion if you want to vote no you should also switch to paying only the maintenance fees (shop fees) instead of being a member. You are probably right about not being released but shouldn't your management at least show up at the negotiating table? I mean just show up?

Latest resources

Back