• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Recall Plans for 2006

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pref bidding has been valued at 400 pilots jobs here at DAL...and we only have 6500 left. I'm not so sure that 90 number for you AMR guys is realistic. Managements like PBS for a reason....

At least it beats the "Furloughs will continue" that Forte was famous for.

Anyone know if the recalls are for the A320 or 737/300?

240 are scheduled to retire from UAL in 2006. That matches up with the 20/month figure.

So, if the figure is closer to 300, we may be taking back 60 more than is necessary to cover attrition. Not earth shattering, but better than nothing. There will be bypasses which will make recalls go a bit deeper.

The last vacancy bid award came out 2 weeks ago. The unfilled positions were all on the -300. The bid award was a fairly small one overall, with the unfilled positions being 7 ORD 300 F/O and 5 IAD 300 F/O. That is just one snapshot and I would expect the recalls to be going to the -320 also in the months ahead, as they have been in prior months. No matter what happens, it will be great to see more of you guys coming back.

Pat Fabin said:
Pref bidding has been valued at 400 pilots jobs here at DAL...and we only have 6500 left. I'm not so sure that 90 number for you AMR guys is realistic. Managements like PBS for a reason....

That's because PB is usually packaged with the other savings of demand staffing (allowing everyone to pick up trips from open time without restrictions other than balancing to stay under the FAR's). Demand staffing will cost AA 10% of it's jobs.

Right now, AMR still has to negotiate with APA unlike the other carriers who have free-fallen into Ch. 11 and can use the 1113 tool.TC

Mugs said:
The last vacancy bid award came out 2 weeks ago. The unfilled positions were all on the -300. The bid award was a fairly small one overall, with the unfilled positions being 7 ORD 300 F/O and 5 IAD 300 F/O. That is just one snapshot and I would expect the recalls to be going to the -320 also in the months ahead, as they have been in prior months. No matter what happens, it will be great to see more of you guys coming back.

Is there still a -300 base in SEA? Any more credible threats of closing SEA?
What is the hire date of the junior SEA pilot?

Will have a decision to make late next year.

Thanks for any information.

Cheers!

GP

I plan on getting the recall early next year (8/99 DOH) so I guess I need to make a decision. As much as I hate to say it the new UAL payrates are starting to look "good" (gulp...I said that?) compared to what is out there.

I really am a "Future TED Pilot"

I thought this was a thread on UAL RECALLS...how did the AA guys jump in here and throw us off topic?

Start another thread for AA recalls, and let us UAL guys(yes..and girls too, we are United ha ha!) haev a glimmer of good news all to own!

Just kidding.....but not really

GuppyPuppy said:
Is there still a -300 base in SEA? Any more credible threats of closing SEA?
What is the hire date of the junior SEA pilot?

Will have a decision to make late next year.

Thanks for any information.

Cheers!

GP

I am out of the loop on SEA. I checked the list and yes there still is a -300 base. It is small -- the list showed only about 30 F/Os with the junior guy being a May 1997 hire it looks like. Small base, decreased fleet size ---hard to say what the future of the SEA -300 base is but rumors of it closing are understandable.

Latest resources

Back