• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

250scp

Dear Fellow Pilot,
I wanted to send you the Hotline I just recorded about our plans for
2006 recalls.
Capt. Steve Forte

GUIDANCE ON 2006 RECALLS / NUMBER ONE IN ON-TIME ARRIVALS

Good afternoon. This is Captain Steve Forte on Tuesday, October 4.

Several weeks ago we promised to share some guidance on our plans to
recall pilots in 2006. We are pleased to say that we currently plan to
recall a minimum of 20 pilots each month, with a yearly total that will
likely exceed 300 pilot recalls. As always, this guidance is dependent
on projected 2006 flying levels. We will have more details as soon as
our plans are firmed up.

Doesn't quite bring all the furloughees back on campus but its a start in the right direction. I'll be curious to see how many choose to bypass. Current DOH to be offered recall is 05/99. Good luck to all.

250scp said:
Current DOH to be offered recall is 05/99. Good luck to all.

Well, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick . . . . . according to the sharp stick!

aa73 said:
Great news UAL guys... we here at AA are hoping to get a similar letter soon.

Your kidding right? With the way Hunter is running things recalls are getting further and further away.

It's like having a double dose of Skywest!

bayoubandit said:
Your kidding right? With the way Hunter is running things recalls are getting further and further away.

It's like having a double dose of Skywest!

No, I'm not kidding... maybe just too naive/optimistic. We just had 60+ early retirements yesterday on top of the normal retirements, and it's gonna continue. We are probably at least a year and a half from getting pref bidding, and that takes a good two years to implement, so recalls next year would not be out of the question.

Hunter definitely ticks me off, though. No doubt.

aa73 said:
No, I'm not kidding... maybe just too naive/optimistic. We just had 60+ early retirements yesterday on top of the normal retirements, and it's gonna continue. We are probably at least a year and a half from getting pref bidding, and that takes a good two years to implement, so recalls next year would not be out of the question.

Hunter definitely ticks me off, though. No doubt.

AA just announced cancelling flights. Jet-A is at record highs. Preff bid is NOT the only efficiency that Hunter IS going to give the company. When he does give pref-bid, it will be implimented in record time and the company WILL abuse it (ie. supp w, TTOT, etc. etc.). Hunter and senior pilots will do ANYTHING to save the pension including selling out our (junior pilots) careers.

The 2894 pilots that are currently furloughed will be for a LONG time. A token few may be recalled next year but NOWHERE near the amount that United is reporting. My uneducated guess is less than 150 will be recalled in 2006. Maybe 200 more in 2007.

The early retirments you mention are early by an average of 9 months.... not much help there.

Wait and see what happens with Supp CC now that an arbitrator has to rule on the execution issues! I suspect more pilots will be back...at the behest of the company and the APA.

I would think Supp CC would be up for change/elimination in the future.

Pref bidding will save the company about 90 jobs system wide. That's it. Demand staffing (which hasn't reared its ugly head yet) is where the 10% + savings in staffing comes in.

The union has said that under no circumstances will it allow Pref Bidding unless the union runs it. Management doesn't really have a problem with that. (Except for Roy Everett who hopefully will be out of a job when PB starts. How's it feel, Roy?)

Lots of sabre rattling about Sup. CC but the DFR issue looms heavy...;)

Overall, not holding my breath on the recall as I am sitting about 250 out.TC

Well, I agree with you guys. Still, 150-200 next year is a step in the right direction. I think we will be early-retiring a bunch more guys as each month goes by. What I'm worried about is, the senior guys selling out AA's scope to Eagle in exchange for the retirement. That will definitely lop off another 1000 or so bodies.

If nothing changes for a year, though, I bet we will see at least a few recalls next year.

Latest resources

Back