• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United posts $779 million loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There you go trying to sniff my ass again! I gotta admit this is funny. Silly but funny. Two grown men in a pissing contest via the internet - neither of which can do a damn thing to alter the path their CEO's choose. I hope you have a long and prosperous career in IAH. I'll stick to the west coast flying my corndog.

Gup

You're really not picking up on the subtle jab; Or you're ignoring it....

You're right, who cares? Take care.

You know, I'm on UAL-GSO's side here. No one is safe and to start salivating at the thought of UAL going under and a lot of families without a paycheck is deplorable. I can only imagine being at UAL with a family and watching this unfold. Best of luck to you all............

flopgut,

>>>> Midway should be closed to transport category and SWA ought to be banned from O'Hare AND any new Chicago airport for 25 years. That ought to make up for the WA..in Chicago!...then let's do the same in Dallas and Houston. Then let's see a chart and check in with the airline analysts on both SWA and UAL. How would that look?<<<<

ANY airline could operate out of Dallas Love under the Wright Amendment....no one was stopping them. They just didn't want to. The WA was too restrictive for them but SWA could live with it...and did.

As far as SWA and IAH -- there was no deal struck with CAL --thats just a BS rumor. SWA simply found their assets (i.e airplanes) could make more money elsewhere and made more sense with connections.

Like everyone said before...If someone like United fails..everyone else will pick up the people. Every airline would be full and back to making money...I don't wish ill fate on anyone but I want my company to make money and secure ME a future in this business. Read into however you want.

If we pilots viewed our jobs like the plumbers do, there would never be a statement where we wish that another plumber would go out of business so we could do better and make more money.

For a second, just imagine the pressure put on a plumber in a city where, instead of charging the minimum rate of $50/hour, he undercut a job and only charged $20/hour. I'd be that he would have a lot of pressure from other plumbers and the union to charge the minimum rate.

Perhaps its time to start thinking like a plumber, support each other and hopefully make what they do.

He's talking about IAH you retard. The place that SWA couldn't make a go of so they pulled out. You and Gup are truely grade a a$$holes. Gup is almost saying outloud that he wants to see UAL go under. What a pr!ck. My buddy says he uses the same screen name on another message board just for SWA guys and he loves talking up the demise of others over there as well.

I sure hope what goes around doesn't come around.

You and your buddies really sit around talking about who post what online? Niiice!

If we pilots viewed our jobs like the plumbers do, there would never be a statement where we wish that another plumber would go out of business so we could do better and make more money.

For a second, just imagine the pressure put on a plumber in a city where, instead of charging the minimum rate of $50/hour, he undercut a job and only charged $20/hour. I'd be that he would have a lot of pressure from other plumbers and the union to charge the minimum rate.

Perhaps its time to start thinking like a plumber, support each other and hopefully make what they do.
I Love it...

Try this line on a plumber ( electrician, garbage man, whomever ):

"Hey, have I got a deal for you! How about you come over to my house and fix my toilet? I'll pay you for the hour that it takes to repair it at your Hourly Rate of $50/hr. Then I want you to stay at my house and keep me company for another 23 hours. I will supply a FREE bed and bath AND pay you $1.85/hr so you can go buy a few $9.00 hamburgers and some $4.00 beers...Such a DEAL! "

He'd either walk away laughing, clobber you with his pipe wrench, or agree to $50/hr for 24 hours.

Hell, I'll undercut the plumber:

I'll fly 737 left seat for $44.50 an hour....TAFB ( with certain minimums of course).

YKMKR

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back