• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United posts $779 million loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thing is that SWA owns most of their assets unlike the rest of us. Worst case is they go back to part of the fray, and core business model. They are not going anywhere anytime soon.
They either have to raise prices or deal with costs like every airline has. There is only so much savings that can be realized out of being efficient. I think from an operational efficiency standpoint that day has come and gone. We are all close to equal on that now.

You mean like you are right now? Bring it baby. You're right. Forever is a long damn time and it must be getting old eating our dust. See you in Minnie.

ciao,
Gup

Funny thing is: I'm in IAH, and we've not seen too much of you guys lately. What's up?

Don't act like that's going to be easy in MSP.

Funny thing is: I'm in IAH, and we've not seen too much of you guys lately. What's up?

Don't act like that's going to be easy in MSP.

Gee maybe it is because we don't fly there. You really are lost aren't you. It may not be easy but hopefully profitable.

Gee maybe it is because we don't fly there. You really are lost aren't you. It may not be easy but hopefully profitable.

My point is: You used to fly to IAH. Gup wants to act like he's going to go to MSP and clean my plow....

Last edited:

He's talking about IAH you retard. The place that SWA couldn't make a go of so they pulled out. You and Gup are truely grade a a$$holes. Gup is almost saying outloud that he wants to see UAL go under. What a pr!ck. My buddy says he uses the same screen name on another message board just for SWA guys and he loves talking up the demise of others over there as well.

I sure hope what goes around doesn't come around.

Thing is that SWA owns most of their assets unlike the rest of us. Worst case is they go back to part of the fray, and core business model. They are not going anywhere anytime soon.
They either have to raise prices or deal with costs like every airline has. There is only so much savings that can be realized out of being efficient. I think from an operational efficiency standpoint that day has come and gone. We are all close to equal on that now.

There are still a few places to make significant savings. Autothrottles and RNP are probably the largest. While I was in training they said combined they would save us over $250 million a year in fuel costs (that was based on oil at $100).

Latest resources

Back