• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Hiring Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's interesting, both MC's told us the break down wasn't going to be available. FWIW, you might as well own pay banding also, after pounding your fist on the table threatening to drag out negotiations for 5 years if S-UAL didn't agree to it. At least you brought up the pay for 16 airframes (767-400) at the detriment of 133 airframes (757-200). If that's representing YOUR pilots I'm sure the EWR 757 pilots appreciate your effort. Or.........just another piece of the SLI argument?

Oh you mean to the detriment of the 97 LUAL 757's that are going to be parked as fast as possible and replaced with 737-900's?

Last edited:
We might as well get over the L-UAL this and the L CAL that. It's over, both of those carriers are gone.
Jayson, Thanks for your work. I have thanked my own Councel 12 reps and I thank you. This TA had to get done so we can all move forward. The SLI is next. Everyone at both airlines excpects that to go to arbitration so that will be out of our hands. Wether you voted yes or you voted no, time to press on.

Oh you mean to the detriment of the 97 LUAL 757's that are going to be parked as fast as possible and replaced with 737-900's?

You do have to admit sitting in the back of the 737 on a transcon is awful. We could have done much better for our passengers. The extra width of the A 320 family fusalage makes all the difference in the world for comfort.

As for the pilot comfort in the front......no contest.

We might as well get over the L-UAL this and the L CAL that. It's over, both of those carriers are gone.
Jayson, Thanks for your work. I have thanked my own Councel 12 reps and I thank you. This TA had to get done so we can all move forward. The SLI is next. Everyone at both airlines excpects that to go to arbitration so that will be out of our hands. Wether you voted yes or you voted no, time to press on.

Excellent post, and I couldn't agree more. Time to move forward as one unified group. Leave the SLI to both merger committees.

You do have to admit sitting in the back of the 737 on a transcon is awful. We could have done much better for our passengers. The extra width of the A 320 family fusalage makes all the difference in the world for comfort.

As for the pilot comfort in the front......no contest.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately that is what our management is doing. Thus not wasting negotiating capital pushing up a rate for a 757 that's leaving and being replaced by a 737-900 when the money could be better spent elsewhere in the JCBA.

PS I've been a 756 CA for five years. 757/767 is a thousand times better then a 737. It stinks they are going away. I also believe a A320 is far more comfortable then a 737.

Ok, there is some truth to that. Let's break it down.

- 8 757"s to be parked the first half of 2013
- 2 a month starting end of Aug 2013, 15 PS 757 s-UAL will be kept.
- end of 2013 Total 757 count 112 (79 UAL and 33 CAL)
- end of 2014 Total 757 count 88 (55 UAL and 33 CAL)
- end of 2015 Total 757 count 64 (31 UAL and 33 CAL)
- end of 2016 (contract end date) Total 48 (15 UAL and 33 CAL).
All numbers are from latest fleet plan as of latest 75/76 LCA meeting.
I stand corrected, raise the rates of 16 767-400 to the detriment of 48 757's at the END of the contract cycle.

Jayson thanks for my 903.60 pay raise per month after 4 years. That was the difference between 11/12 and 12/12 72 MPG. Wow you did a great job getting those 4 cornerstones. Can't wait for the rest of it 3,6, or 9 months later, if ever.

Yes it was the 757-200

Last edited:

L-UAL and L-CAL will be around for the next 40 years just like PE, NY Air, Scab, FMR, Express, 570, and any other way you wanna slice up the pilot group. We haven't even completed the SLI. Our definitions will continue for a very long time. You can add yes/no voter to that list also.

Chppr5, not sure where you got your numbers but CAL has 62 757s, 41-200s and 21-300s. So if 15 of UAL's are kept there will be 77 left when it's all said and done.

Latest resources

Back