• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Cancels newhire classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes let's vote in another republican. This way we can lower the rich folks' taxes even more and have no way of paying for the exorbitant amount of money the GOP spends, putting us into an even deeper pit. Maybe soon, we can buy Pesos for security.

Let's vote for McCain, who called us all "greedy, overpaid, and under-worked".. Remember when he called us unpatriotic because of our greed? I liked that. a$$hole.

Now watch this drive...

The "Rich" folks as you described means any household that makes over $93,000/ year...Which pretty much means any two income house like a firefighter and a nurse or a pilot and a Financial Analyst (as is my case). My family is FAR from "rich".

Has anyone seen the United cancelling newhire class thread?

You have to pay for what you order. You fools elected a fool who buys more than we can pay for. And we all will pay for it now, and down the road:
Iraq;
Anti-labor mediators;
Anti-labor judges;
No energy plan;
Age 65, to name a few.

So vote based on taxes, as Bush proposes you do. Let's try this for another 4 years, plus residual years.

Sorry to hear about the canceled classes UAL pre-hires. This industry really blows at times.

And for the thread hijackers get a damn life.

You have to pay for what you order. You fools elected a fool who buys more than we can pay for. And we all will pay for it now, and down the road:
Iraq;
Anti-labor mediators;
Anti-labor judges;
No energy plan;
Age 65, to name a few.

So vote based on taxes, as Bush proposes you do. Let's try this for another 4 years, plus residual years.

....and Hillary or Obama won't want want to pay for more? They have a huge list of entitlement programs that we can't afford....

Yes let's vote in another republican.

A very large percentage of airline pilots do vote Republican. They like to be macho and vote for Bush instead of Gore or then Kerry. That's the whole problem today. If Gore had of been elected the airline business would be much better today and I doubt these classes would be cancelled. It would probably still be age-60 for another year or more too.

Here your Union gives to Democrates and the membership votes Republican. In the cockpit it's hard to find any pilot around election time that says they voted Democratic. And in the next election it will be more of the same. No pilot will admit he voted for Hillary but maybe Obama. Most will again be macho (stupid) and vote Republican.

Don't ever leave a paying job for United.

Last edited:
A very large percentage of airline pilots do vote Republican. They like to be macho and vote for Bush instead of Gore or then Kerry. That's the whole problem today. If Gore had of been elected the airline business would be much better today and I doubt these classes would be cancelled. It would probably still be age-60 for another year or more too.

Here your Union gives to Democrates and the membership votes Republican. In the cockpit it's hard to find any pilot around election time that says they voted Democratic. And in the next election it will be more of the same. No pilot will admit he voted for Hillary but maybe Obama. Most will again be macho (stupid) and vote Republican.

Don't ever leave a paying job for United.

Okay -- first of all I am so sorry I am joining the hijack, but "if Gore had been elected"? Huh? Popsicle sticks have more personality than that jagnut (and I'm a democrat). He was NEVER gonna get elected. The Republicans could have run a cardboard box and Gore would have lost, even if by a few thousand hanging chads.

Back to thread -- Delta cancels them too apparently.

It's the UAL pilots, stupid!

Hic.........splrrrrf, ughhhhhhh....hic.........

By Baviarian Chief:
Okay -- first of all I am so sorry I am joining the hijack, but "if Gore had been elected"? Huh? Popsicle sticks have more personality than that jagnut

The above replies are in the response to my post that the pilots at UAL and other places should have voted for Gore in 2000 (and Kerry in 2004).

You see! That is my exact point. I'm sorry but as airline pilots we are stupid as a group. Of course individually there are exceptions (like me and I think even ANDY who I think said one time back that he always votes Democratic even though he's a hot shot military guy), but as a group this is true. Don't you all see that if ALPA represents your interests and it gives almost exclusively to Democrats it is very STUPID to vote for anyone other than the Democratic candidate for every office, including president. So if Hillary is the candidate you'll all have to vote for her but that's the problem: None of the airline pilot group will, just as they didn't vote for Gore in year 2000 or Kerry in 2004. So you see, therein lies the problem. Is there one person other than ANDY and me that would vote for Hillary if she's the candidate, probably not? There's the problem don't you see.

Now this is not a hijack of this thread because I'm explaining why United is shaky, selling off (not buying airplanes) and may soon be out of business. I'm explaining why United, who I worked for over 37-years is not now recommended by me and others as a place to work.

"It's the pilots stupid," we with our macho ways and attitudes are our own worst enemy.

So if you want to place blame or understand why United is canceling classes and selling airplanes not buying them, just look at yourselves.

You might remember just a few months ago when there was a thread about how great it is at UAL. I, of course, commented about not to leave a good job that paid real money for United. I was of course beat up and called names and so forth which is OK because that's the way it is at FI. So what do you think now? I hope maybe somebody listened to me and didn't give up a nice Regional caption seat for a worthless promise from UAL. Today's UAL is not the United of 8-years ago and before.

I'm sorry to say this, but next will be the sell off of the rest of the B737 fleet. And I don't think I need to spoon feed anyone on what that means!

Of course they've already sold the kitchens, the IND maintenance center, other maintenance centers, the Credit Union, some of reservations, and all the short-haul business. Next, after the 737 sell off, it will be the sell off of the Training Center before the merger.

Hang on or go somewhere else if you can.

And ANDY, because you and I are FI friends (or enemies), stay in the Military for a few more years if you're as smart as you think. The ground is still way too shaky at UAL.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back