Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bavarian Chef;1544399 [URL said:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/media/media_watch/jan-june01/recount_4-3.html[/URL]

I thought I was the only one who watched the Newshour here.

Chef, you give me reason to place hope in my fellow pilot. :beer:

Thanks for calling me stupid, I doubt you would do that to my face.

If you are a member of a union that represents your interests and yet you cast a vote contary to those intrests that does sound stupid. So if the shoe fits....

And if the result of votes like yours produces a situation contary to your union's interests.....you'll have to wear it.

That translates into less pay, more work, furloughs, bankrupcy, etc.

Many pilots are just stupid in this regard. Unless you are a violent person or one who can not control his temper I would certainly not mind discussing this with you in person.

My bet, based on the numbers I've tracked over the last few months (from UAL reports) is that 10-20% of those on mil lv/LOA will not return to UAL.
Andy: Can you still save yourself and join that 10-20%? The remaining 80% may be boarding the Titanic.

UAL has absolutely no interest in spending money on anything for the future; that is now clear. And that says something most certainly: Their interest is selling off the airline in parts or as a whole to make the most for themselves (top management) and the large capital investors as they have done before. Anyone who can not see this is simply in denial. Denial is a self-defense mechanism to ease your brain from reality.

Andy, you may be closer to this: Can you name one thing that UAL is spending money on for the long term future, like airplanes or such equipment. UAL only buys things for the NOW for a reason. Can you not see that?

Last edited:
Andy:
What is this about the rolling calender and reserve orders? I was under the impression we had up to 5 yrs under Federal law or 6 years under United policy.
Is this something new that United was supposed to tell us, but the message never got through? (Wouldn't be the first time).
Thanks in advance for any info you can give!

Mountain Freak,

Andy is talking Air Force (possibly DOD) policy that reservist can not be on continuous orders beyond 1,040 days (not sure of the exact number). United has nothing to do with it. If you can get a waiver from your command to serve 4 years straight, more power to you! Now if you are active duty then these numbers probably don't mean a thing.

Got it, now the world makes sense.

That number may be important now; with the latest and greatest downturn in the airline industry we may want to be on orders as much as possible...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back