• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United and Delta...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It appears that this one (UAL and DL) is not coming true (denials on CNBC and Press Releases are pretty good evidence), but another merger could be in the works if it adds value to our company. Some Hedge Fund companies want something else, and it is pretty obvious.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

This is the EXACT same staement that was made when rumors started flying about the TWA/AA merger, about 4 weeks before it was officially announced. Of course their going to deny any talks, why would they confirm them now, it would serve no good. Believe what you want about your beloved Delta, but you better consider the possibility that a merger of your airline is a viable option somewhere down the road.
Cheers

As sad as it is to say, you're right, but partially. I think ALPA leadership has outlasted its usefulness!
Strike one was welcoming back the scabs from continental with hugs and kisses!
Strike two was taking a poll (on age 65) and deciding, that after the membership majority wanted status quo, to change their stance and support age 65!

ALPA still has wonderful resources, like aeromedical, and safety, but its leadership has done whats best for its leadership!

How's ALPA for agreeing to pay cuts?

By the way, if two ALPA carriers get together, which pay scale do they go with? I assume they show what they are made of and have the higher paid guys cut down to the lower pay rates.

Last edited:
Spanker:
The cuts agreed by any alpa carrier were agreed by the association, or the majority of the membership. Something you wouldn't know about since you don't even work for an airline!
Its kind of like this. The last time your wife was passed around the squadron, your buddies all assumed the risk, thus voting to continue sharing her, even though 10 out of the 40 guys said they didn't want to they had to because majority ruled, got it?

That's something that AIRLINE pilots deal with.
How's that SW job app coming along?:laugh:

737PYLT,

GROW UP!! or go find a site with 12 year olds on it, something on your level.

I agree Zipperhead. 737 Pylt, why haven't you gone to SWA yet? What's wrong, couldn't get hired? Did they at least call you for an interview or are you lacking too much PIC since you have pretty much turned into a statue in the right seat at Delta?

Point of order and the rest of the story.

I would rather have an "unemotional" CEO who actually knows something about making money in this industry--which we have with Anderson--than another who puts on a good face to Congress, while he acquires massive debt to buy scores of RJs, fly 777s to Orlando and Tampa, and generate multimillion dollar payouts to execs who leave just before the BK filing--all which happened on Leo Mullin's watch.

If you make personal and professional judgments based on one's persona in front of a congressional testimony...well you need to get out more.

Hey John, just a point of order regarding the ATL/MCO flying in the B777. The only reason this occured was so that the Delta flight standards dept. could get 777 OE's out of the way quickly. It took a minimum of 5 landings to accomplish this requirement so if the new guy got 4 landings with two roundtrips to MCO in one day, and then finished up with one North Atlantic crossing (PF one way, PNF the other), he met all the requirments set forth by the Delta POI for this template. Six international round trips to finish up an OE were simply out of the question.

General,

This is the EXACT same staement that was made when rumors started flying about the TWA/AA merger, about 4 weeks before it was officially announced. Of course their going to deny any talks, why would they confirm them now, it would serve no good. Believe what you want about your beloved Delta, but you better consider the possibility that a merger of your airline is a viable option somewhere down the road.
Cheers

I think a merger could be in the works, but not with United. Now that Anderson went on TV (CNBC last night) and made other statements saying otherwise, I would bet UAL is not a candidate. Could another airline be out there? Sure. Also, the GOV'T doesn't agree to all or any merger. It has to make sense. The USAir and AWA merger made sense, with very little overlap. The AA and TWA merger made sense, and both of those had a failing airline ready to liquidate and no major hub closures as a result. Not the case here. Just because the hedge funds want a merger, doesn't mean it will happen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I guess you don't understand ALPA or any carrier that belongs to ALPA. There would never be a staple between two ALPA carriers. Please read more about pilot unions before making silly comments like the above. You need to stick to serving peanuts.

Oh yeah thats right....just like the DOH merge going on at AAA right now.

That was a sarcastic comment directed at GL which was obviously way over your head. Maybe you need to start serving peanuts......but I don't think you have the intellect to tell the nuts from the pretzels.

Latest resources

Back