• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United and Delta...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I doubt that. No, wait, maybe that was before you folded like a cheap suit on your concessions. :laugh:

Don't hate the player son, hate the game! ;)
I realize that the best you can do on a tanker pilots salary is the trailer!

Have a good weekend. I'm sure your working....I'll make sure to pick up my socks before I leave your wife. I know that drives you crazy. :pimp:

Now that's funny.....Here I sit in the tanker clown trailer.......And who's the one working on a weekend?:laugh:
I'd offer your and the family some money, but its much more amusing watching you squirm!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
BTW, you really need to clean this place once in a while, its a mess!

You guys are the reason why most of us don't post
here.
fullof love brought the idea of some sort of guild;is that feasable?

This board has become a complete void of any intellectual thought 95% of the time. You have to wade through 20 "your moms fatter than my mom" posts to get one that has any insight or thought. Everybody is in the same "career field" at the end of the day, do you think GM UAW workers have a board calling Ford Leadership greedy and stupid?

Maybe so, but as we have seen, what happens to one company seeps into the contracts of all over time. If SWA, UPS, and FEDEX pilots think they live in some kind of bubble, they will feel the pressure someday too. When one contract becomes excessively expensive compared to all others, their management is bound by thier duty to investigate ways to decrease labor expense. That is the way corporate capatilism works.

Like it or not, ALPA is the only thing close to a consensus the pilot world has....It is our job to run for office and proliferate into leadership postions to lead the profession into the future. Hanging around the base and complaining while those who hold office and lobby for age 65 will do nothing. Calling all your brother airlines a bunch of names, no matter what they fly or work for, is counterproductive.

A better approach would to migrate ALPA towards some sort of a guild where the base rates for aircraft and years of experience are declared, if a company doesn't pay that rate, pilots who don't work there aren't allowed into the guild and lose the services of such. That way if a company starts up, doesn't use guild pilots, those pilots go out of business, they start over. Obviously you need a majority of pilots in the guild to make it work, alas, we would rather post comments about each others wives....
Luv

Apparently you missed pattern bargaining 101. Now that the BK gun is not pressed to our heads, we are supposed to push wages up in the manner you describe. According to your technique, we will all swap positions at the bottom until we're working for free.

BTW, FX, UPS, WN all have current contracts that pale compared to DL and UA of SEVEN YEARS AGO! That's with no inflation adjustment. If you are going to set your sights so low I hope you never run for a position on a nego comittee.

As to the rest of the post, count me in on the guild. Problem is, however, pilots are too individually greedy. The GoJet/Skybus crowd would cut the guild down at the knees in short order. It's amazing that ALPA survives. We all bit@h about the fact that we're not allowed to strike - but I'm not so sure that the pilot groups have it in them anymore.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back