Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines runs off runway after fire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good Job UAL Crew...just like the SWA crew!!!!

Isn't this the second UAL A320 to have a total electrical failure (TPA 2009?) and the crew was able to bring it around safe?? Kudos to both, but somebody needs to get into MX auditing to see if this is systemic, like SWA.

"Complete loss of instruments" or on standby instruments? Just wondering. I'm not sure how you fly a PAR in IMC with no instruments. Does the airbus have an ISIS? Either way, nice job. Glad everyone is safe. These things come in three's. We're two down. Be safe out there.

"Complete loss of instruments" or on standby instruments? Just wondering. I'm not sure how you fly a PAR in IMC with no instruments. Does the airbus have an ISIS? Either way, nice job. Glad everyone is safe. These things come in three's. We're two down. Be safe out there.

I think that beyond what's on the tapes any further real info is going to take a while. I'm guessing "complete loss of instruments" probably is not completely accurate but could be loss of the primary flight displays, which implies AC buses 1 and 2 and AC Ess are lost. Obviously they still had some buses active since they were communicating with ATC but it's highly likely that they were in a severely degraded state which could impact normal braking, spoilers, and reverse as well.

For those curious about the quirks of the airbus electrical system, the following read is enlightening:

http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/4-2009_G-EZAC.pdf

Complete loss of instruments is also code for "losing all the magenta stuff" :p

Latest resources

Back