• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines Announces New Partnership With ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, it's too bad you sold us all out 20 years ago. Way to fold up like a cheap tent, then blame everyone else.

Just For Men and Grecian Formula aren't that expensive. We could all be flying in the appropriate equipment at appropriate pay rates if you had any balls.

Thanks for breaking the team up.

True Dat!

Throw the "little guys" under the bus and blame THEM for screwing you! If we were all on the same team, we would not have this problem, but unfortunately dumbasses like the Gen fell for this ruse and screwed us all.

Lie to myself? Never. We did go from 50 to 70 in the late 90s, and again that was the wrong move. Going to 76 seats wasn't really totally our fault, since it was done with a BK judge watching, and infact NWA had already hit that number before we did. That is why it only went to 76, rather than something higher. (It was a Compass number for the E175)Total blame on me just doesn't work, regardless if you continually spout "indignation" krap at me.

So now what do we do? We make sure it doesn't go any higher, and BK doesn't look like it is on the horizon anytime soon---which helps. As far as you sitting in the right seat of your barbiejet, as long as your company expands, the chances of you staying there increases. See, guys like USCTrojan have no reason to want to go to the majors, since it would mean starting over and actually taking orders from someone older with more experience, rather than doling it out to a newhire with less experience. He is all for larger RJs, even though it hurts all of you sitting there in the right seat with very little upside when it comes to future financial stability. The guys you should be mad at aren't guys like me, but rather lazy arses like USCTrojan, who wants everything given to him. He will sit at ASA and watch his fleet get smaller, the FAA rest rules eat away at his airline's profitability, and then make less money at a smaller regional, all while he thinks he deserves more. The regionals are going to get slammed, and a lot of people don't see that. What I want is for more people to go to larger airlines and make better lives for themselves. Guys like USC won't try to leave because he knows he wouldn't pass a psych test, a cog test, and a personality test infront of a panel of Captains. Hopefully you will have an easier path, but it won't be easy at the regionals like it was 5-6 years ago. RJs just don't work like they used to. 50 seaters are on the way out, unless you pay United to use them (XJET).

Bye Bye--General Lee

This sentence speaks volumes about the hiring practices of Delta. Somehow they managed to miss the Gen and his clear and obvious disorder. Maybe he will crank up a big plane and try to run over some cops next week-we will no longer have to worry about his rants here.

We also pay for the marketing, reservations, etc... Time for your FREE LUNCH to be over. We pay way too much for your services, and now you guys will have to share a larger portion of the pie. I used to love it when you guys (especially the COMAIR pilots) would state "Look how profitable we are, we are the ones holding you guys up....." That was because we were paying for everything. That is changing. And if a Regional sets the schedules and fares, I would SUGGEST that the regional time the flights in accordance with the "banks" of mainline flights coming into the hub, for better use of connections. See, it wasn't that hard.....(that is what she said.....)

And one more thing---we RENT your lift. That is it. You are a low rent lift provider. Get used to it. But other than that.....thanks for being part of "the team."

Bye Bye--General Lee

renting 20% of the lift in the US. Are you management?? You use the word WE a lot. Are WE a part of a management group? maybe a Board? I understand where you are coming from....just go easy on the weeeee. That employee number is pretty much all you are.

So the XJT/UAL flying turns into a Delta Connection (mostly ASA) battle against General Lee. Only on flightinfo.com.........

XJT has lower costs and better performance numbers than TSA, 244 ERJs are cheaper than the 25ish that TSA has. And when you don't have 4 MELs per plane you don't have as many mx delays and cancellations. No knock on the Waterskiers here (I used to be one) but we have been told time and time again that we are the cheapest 50 seat operator out there. This isn't flying at a loss, just at a much lower profit margin than we are used to. My guess is ORD base..........

Guys like USCtrojan have been wise in their investing. Guys like USCtrojan will be able to retire in 10 years, without having to risk a furlough. Game has changed General. You helped perpetuate that change, good job. You're right, I could never pass a psych test, I'm not one to blow my brains out. I'm sure you wear your nice Submarine uniform to the grocery store and state how impressive of a human being you are. I am wowed. Really. Good luck to you, I really hope your self esteem rises in the near future.

Sorry I hurt your feelings there General. I love how you appeal to those in the right seat saying "I" hurt them. You created my job. You made my quality of life (and it's real good) So thank you very much. You've done more to hurt those Junior FO's at said Regional, and you want to blame me! I love it! You've given me my dream home and my retirement options. Again, THANK YOU!

Trojan

I don't know about you, but I want out of the regionals. I can see the writing on the wall, these 50 seaters aren't going to be around too long. Not everyone is investment savy like yourself. What do you own, a pizza store at the mall?

renting 20% of the lift in the US. Are you management?? You use the word WE a lot. Are WE a part of a management group? maybe a Board? I understand where you are coming from....just go easy on the weeeee. That employee number is pretty much all you are.

With their paycuts after bankruptcy, maybe they are paying for the regional lift.

I don't know about you, but I want out of the regionals. I can see the writing on the wall, these 50 seaters aren't going to be around too long. Not everyone is investment savy like yourself. What do you own, a pizza store at the mall?

Some key Real Estate in the right places. Some paper assets. I need a few more years and my job is optional. I've been quite fortunate and I hope you are too. Not trying to rub anything into you whatsoever and if you took it that way, then I apologize...I was responding to general lee.

Trojan

Some key Real Estate in the right places. Some paper assets. I need a few more years and my job is optional. I've been quite fortunate and I hope you are too. Not trying to rub anything into you whatsoever and if you took it that way, then I apologize...I was responding to general lee.

Trojan

No problem. Would be nice to have this regional flying as a side job (i.e., for fun).

Latest resources

Back