• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines Announces New Partnership With ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJT has extra a/c flying on the CAL side, plus may source a/c from other carriers.

Looks like ten additional planes in toothpaste paint will be flying for UAL in the slow charter months of May-Oct, then brought back to charter for the busy season...

You da man Cort! :D

Nobody said that XJT pilots were asked to or are taking a paycut to fly. The fact is that XJT management was willing to bid basically at what it costs them to fly the routes to get the flying. There is very little - to none - profit in their build. This business model may or may not be sustainable. Skywest was not able, or not willing to, bid for this flying for such a thin margin. We can debate the merits of that all day. I have heard that Skywest was outbid by an incredibly wide margin for that particular RFP.

At any rate, glad XJT got the flying over Mesa or anyone else. Good group with a good contract that has pilots on the street that hopefully can come back to work....

Thread Creep...

Wasn't XJT doing well with their homegrown charter division? I thought business was well and expected to grow?

The charter side is very cyclical. There was a time where it was batsh1t nuts and generating lots of revenue based on the various contracts. However, some of those contracts are seasonal.

Looks like ten additional planes in toothpaste paint will be flying for UAL in the slow charter months of May-Oct, then brought back to charter for the busy season...

You da man Cort! :D

He just thinks he is.

"ExpressJet offered us the most competitive bid, enabling us to continue to operate efficiently in this difficult environment."

Didn't my friend up in St Cloud, MN say they could be coming up there? I think I did....... Maybe it is at risk flying vs pay for departure? The days of free profits for regionals may be over.... It is pure survival time....(just like the majors, imagine that??? Paying for your own fuel bill? Imagine that?)

Bye Bye--General Lee

STC, I think expressjet is in the market for a certain regional that used to fly there

XJET will buy XJ with United's money

QUOTE=79%N1;1913169]Nobody said that XJT pilots were asked to or are taking a paycut to fly. The fact is that XJT management was willing to bid basically at what it costs them to fly the routes to get the flying. There is very little - to none - profit in their build. This business model may or may not be sustainable. Skywest was not able, or not willing to, bid for this flying for such a thin margin. We can debate the merits of that all day. I have heard that Skywest was outbid by an incredibly wide margin for that particular RFP.

At any rate, glad XJT got the flying over Mesa or anyone else. Good group with a good contract that has pilots on the street that hopefully can come back to work....[/QUOTE]

Also, as far as i know..they still have the best contract among the regionals and some majors..

superrav said:
Also, as far as i know..they still have the best contract among the regionals and some majors..

I'd put AWAC's contract right up there with XJT...both are mostly equal, with one group slightly better in some sections and the other group slightly better in others.

Latest resources

Back