• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines Announces New Partnership With ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Id put Republic up there, and XJT didnt take pay cuts to get any new flying... I far is I heard they are getting there previous pay cuts back the past few months, so I guess that puts them back at the top for best paid, best contract and still aquiring flying... while Mesa and Republic fly for absolute ******************** to get flying! quite a difference there.
See..you assumed that when i said that XJET was the new MESA i was implying something negative about XJET. But you know what happens to those who assume. I was merely stating that it looks like XJET has acquired most of the flying that Mesa just lost.

actually skywest knows what the contract is, with the loan to united they got a last chance look at the lowest bid. Sounds like it will be flown at a loss.

So, where did you hear this from? did Skywest ANNOUNCE the details to their pilot group? maybe xjt did get it for a loss... my point is, on these threads, people hear things without official announcement (in writing from company) and they believe it. I highly doubt that skywest managment would tell thier employees the details of the contract.

See..you assumed that when i said that XJET was the new MESA i was implying something negative about XJET. But you know what happens to those who assume. I was merely stating that it looks like XJET has acquired most of the flying that Mesa just lost.

HAHAHA, sure you did! i get it though, funny.. but im sure u really deep down mean it the that way

20 years ago I was still flying props. I didn't do it. Sure, past DL pilots did make some mistakes, but you can't blame everyone for it. I just got to DL when they started adding Comair CRJs, and we all know now how that turned out.

Also, the "Team" did not consist of "commuters" mixed in with Majors. At that time the Majors did NOT own any of the commuters. Delta didn't own any of it's feed, and just started flying with Comair and ASA, which were owned PRIVATELY. You need to brush up on your history, pal. Can you explain your "breaking the team up" quote? This should be fun..... Delta had to buy Comair and ASA back in the late 90s because they were screw-ups.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Lie to yourself and your jackass pals at Delta, but don't lie to me. I'll call bull******************** on you. You damn sure did do it, when you took scope and moved it from 70 to 76 seats. You went against what you promised to do, and justified it by mentioning snapbacks and returning furloughs to work. You fell for the company ploy, and you knew exactly what they were doing.

It was a small incremental step, to be sure, but putting that first 50-seater at Comair was a small step as well. But you did it with the hindsight that the mainline pilot corps didn't have 15 years ago. You are an intellectually dishonest, short-sighted fool. Thanks to clowns like you, pilots like me don't get to sit in the prop for a few years and then move up to a major.

Do you think I went into student loan debt and worked my ass off working to pay for my ratings to sit here in the right seat of a Goddamned Barbiejet? And then you have the nerve to come on this board and talk down to the commuter pilots with your righteous indignation? ******************** you. I'll probably take a week away from FI for this, but it will be worth it.

Id put Republic up there, and XJT didnt take pay cuts to get any new flying... I far is I heard they are getting there previous pay cuts back the past few months, so I guess that puts them back at the top for best paid, best contract and still aquiring flying... while Mesa and Republic fly for absolute ******************** to get flying! quite a difference there.

In the spirit of accuracy, this is not entirely true. We are starting receive a portion of what we lost back but we will never recoup what we lost after the concession vote. If I hear one more FO tell me we are getting a pay "raise" I might strangle them because it's certainly not a pay raise!!

I thought Expressjet was giving United 2.7 million shares of stock? That is called "Pay to play."

Bye Bye--General Lee

United owes Skywest money and Skywest at one time wanted to own XJT. Is it possible that UAL could pass that stock to Skywest? What's 2.7 million of XJT stock in the whole scheme of things?

Lie to yourself and your jackass pals at Delta, but don't lie to me. I'll call bull******************** on you. You damn sure did do it, when you took scope and moved it from 70 to 76 seats. You went against what you promised to do, and justified it by mentioning snapbacks and returning furloughs to work. You fell for the company ploy, and you knew exactly what they were doing.

It was a small incremental step, to be sure, but putting that first 50-seater at Comair was a small step as well. But you did it with the hindsight that the mainline pilot corps didn't have 15 years ago. You are an intellectually dishonest, short-sighted fool. Thanks to clowns like you, pilots like me don't get to sit in the prop for a few years and then move up to a major.

Do you think I went into student loan debt and worked my ass off working to pay for my ratings to sit here in the right seat of a Goddamned Barbiejet? And then you have the nerve to come on this board and talk down to the commuter pilots with your righteous indignation? ******************** you. I'll probably take a week away from FI for this, but it will be worth it.

Very well put.

Trojan

Lie to myself? Never. We did go from 50 to 70 in the late 90s, and again that was the wrong move. Going to 76 seats wasn't really totally our fault, since it was done with a BK judge watching, and infact NWA had already hit that number before we did. That is why it only went to 76, rather than something higher. (It was a Compass number for the E175)Total blame on me just doesn't work, regardless if you continually spout "indignation" krap at me.

So now what do we do? We make sure it doesn't go any higher, and BK doesn't look like it is on the horizon anytime soon---which helps. As far as you sitting in the right seat of your barbiejet, as long as your company expands, the chances of you staying there increases. See, guys like USCTrojan have no reason to want to go to the majors, since it would mean starting over and actually taking orders from someone older with more experience, rather than doling it out to a newhire with less experience. He is all for larger RJs, even though it hurts all of you sitting there in the right seat with very little upside when it comes to future financial stability. The guys you should be mad at aren't guys like me, but rather lazy arses like USCTrojan, who wants everything given to him. He will sit at ASA and watch his fleet get smaller, the FAA rest rules eat away at his airline's profitability, and then make less money at a smaller regional, all while he thinks he deserves more. The regionals are going to get slammed, and a lot of people don't see that. What I want is for more people to go to larger airlines and make better lives for themselves. Guys like USC won't try to leave because he knows he wouldn't pass a psych test, a cog test, and a personality test infront of a panel of Captains. Hopefully you will have an easier path, but it won't be easy at the regionals like it was 5-6 years ago. RJs just don't work like they used to. 50 seaters are on the way out, unless you pay United to use them (XJET).

Bye Bye--General Lee

Lie to myself? Never. We did go from 50 to 70 in the late 90s, and again that was the wrong move. Going to 76 seats wasn't really totally our fault, since it was done with a BK judge watching, and infact NWA had already hit that number before we did. That is why it only went to 76, rather than something higher. (It was a Compass number for the E175)Total blame on me just doesn't work, regardless if you continually spout "indignation" krap at me.

So now what do we do? We make sure it doesn't go any higher, and BK doesn't look like it is on the horizon anytime soon---which helps. As far as you sitting in the right seat of your barbiejet, as long as your company expands, the chances of you staying there increases. See, guys like USCTrojan have no reason to want to go to the majors, since it would mean starting over and actually taking orders from someone older with more experience, rather than doling it out to a newhire with less experience. He is all for larger RJs, even though it hurts all of you sitting there in the right seat with very little upside when it comes to future financial stability. The guys you should be mad at aren't guys like me, but rather lazy arses like USCTrojan, who wants everything given to him. He will sit at ASA and watch his fleet get smaller, the FAA rest rules eat away at his airline's profitability, and then make less money at a smaller regional, all while he thinks he deserves more. The regionals are going to get slammed, and a lot of people don't see that. What I want is for more people to go to larger airlines and make better lives for themselves. Guys like USC won't try to leave because he knows he wouldn't pass a psych test, a cog test, and a personality test infront of a panel of Captains. Hopefully you will have an easier path, but it won't be easy at the regionals like it was 5-6 years ago. RJs just don't work like they used to. 50 seaters are on the way out, unless you pay United to use them (XJET).

Bye Bye--General Lee

Guys like USCtrojan have been wise in their investing. Guys like USCtrojan will be able to retire in 10 years, without having to risk a furlough. Game has changed General. You helped perpetuate that change, good job. You're right, I could never pass a psych test, I'm not one to blow my brains out. I'm sure you wear your nice Submarine uniform to the grocery store and state how impressive of a human being you are. I am wowed. Really. Good luck to you, I really hope your self esteem rises in the near future.

Sorry I hurt your feelings there General. I love how you appeal to those in the right seat saying "I" hurt them. You created my job. You made my quality of life (and it's real good) So thank you very much. You've done more to hurt those Junior FO's at said Regional, and you want to blame me! I love it! You've given me my dream home and my retirement options. Again, THANK YOU!

Trojan

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back