• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would have been really nice to have that CBA with this RIF eh guys? Now you know why we were trying so hard for the union to get on the property. The workforce reduction would have probably still happened but, it would have been on our terms not just their terms. If we are purchased by NJA do you think our management will even fight for an integration? You coolaide drinkers on the top are about to find out that youre just another pawn in their game; they dont give a F--K about you or your family. Good luck!

Eff-Off!! Gazi

Union wouldn't do Jack-Squat on layoffs. Since Texas is a "Right-To-Work state" I'll negotiate my on terms Didn't you follow the Wisconsin election...duh!?!

The union at CA is essentially dead. Don't know how many are paying dues but based on the post on the IBT site, which is only allowed to members in good standing, I.e. paying dues, I guess the figure is pretty low. Most are spending their time looking for other employment rather than worrying about getting a CBA. At this point, my feeling for Flex voting for a union is its a moot point. We are all screwed, but it has been fun.

It would have been really nice to have that CBA with this RIF eh guys? Now you know why we were trying so hard for the union to get on the property. The workforce reduction would have probably still happened but, it would have been on our terms not just their terms. !
Ask a CA how that worked for us. We voted for a union almost a year ago. No CBA and layoffs are on their terms.

Eff-Off!! Gazi

Union wouldn't do Jack-Squat on layoffs. Since Texas is a "Right-To-Work state" I'll negotiate my on terms Didn't you follow the Wisconsin election...duh!?!

The Federal Railway Labor Act (45 U.S.C.A. § 151 et seq.) prevents the application of state right-to-work laws to the railroad and airline industries.

So good luck with that.

The union at CA is essentially dead. Don't know how many are paying dues but based on the post on the IBT site, which is only allowed to members in good standing, I.e. paying dues, I guess the figure is pretty low. Most are spending their time looking for other employment rather than worrying about getting a CBA. At this point, my feeling for Flex voting for a union is its a moot point. We are all screwed, but it has been fun.

Your problem is you think, "the union" is someone else, when in fact it is you and your fellow pilots. If you and your fellow pilots are not supporting your union, of course it is "essentially dead."

So I guess in the end you will get out of "the union" what you put into it. If you think a year is a long time to wait for a first contract, your mistaken. If you think the battles your going through right now are unusual during negotiations for a first contract you are also mistaken.

What will be truly sad is if one day you wake up and find your still working at CA, but because you bought into your managements FUD "the union" is gone.

Latest resources

Back