Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ArtVandalay

I think we all know now that this is a necessary action given the current conditions, morale, and uncertain future at Flexjet. A vote will be coming very soon, please go to the website and print your card and mail it in ASAP. I encourage everyone to send their card in and secure the job protection that is now desperately needed given the latest data regarding the future of Flexjet. Don't be fooled, Fred will become even more rich regardless of what happens to us during this time of uncertainty. The lies, yes I said lies, that we were told has proven we cannot trust our management team any more. The silence is deafening from the office and our fear and dispair for recent events have gone unchecked by management. Do the right thing for all of us and your families and protect yourselves. At the very least, in the event of a takeover or buyout, we desperately need this protection and need it quickly. Do the right thing guys and gals, lets get it done this time.

http://ibt1108.org/Docs/Teamsters Local 1108 Authorization Card.pdf

As much as I will hate to see it, I predict that Bombardier will shed itself of it's Flexjet customer-base long before there is a vote.

Just FYI. Bill Noe (President NJA North America) announced this week that the purchase of globals includes a non-compete clause with Flex Jet. Meaning that Flex cannot operate any of the aircraft NJ purchases. So it would be in Flex's best interests to organize ASAP.

The union vote right now is critical, it is the only thing we have left. Obviously, our parent company could care less about us and don't get me started on the lying, fear mongering Fred. We need to vote this in ASAP, do not allow management the time to organize a defense.

Just FYI. Bill Noe (President NJA North America) announced this week that the purchase of globals includes a non-compete clause with Flex Jet. Meaning that Flex cannot operate any of the aircraft NJ purchases. So it would be in Flex's best interests to organize ASAP.

Maybe a stupid question, but does that work both ways? In other words, NJA can't operate aircraft that Flex already has? Or is this just some rumor?

Maybe a stupid question, but does that work both ways? In other words, NJA can't operate aircraft that Flex already has? Or is this just some rumor?

That's just for the Globals. ;)

Do you have a source you can Post for this? Was it in an article or something?

I hate to say it, but Flexjet is toast - union or no union. Not toast because of the pilots, but because of the management. Pilots can do everything right, work their tails off and in the end, still be on the outside wondering what happened because of management.

Case in point is the difference between Flexjet and Netjets. While Flexjet management cowers behind the wall of ultra conservatism, Netjets has had a constant eye on the past, present and future. Flex is going around looking to pick up scraps from Netjets, and hoping for the occasional pick up of a customer. Netjets on the other hand has expanded - expanded with NJ Europe, NJ Middle East and they're looking to expand heavily into China and India. They have seen the worldwide market expanding, and have been expanding with it. While the management of Flexjet dangles the "Global carrot", and the kool-aid drinkers swig the juice - nothing has ever happened and never will.

When FG came aboard, the fat lady started clearing her throat. With the direction things are going, she's now singing her melody. Fred and Flex management have cowered in a corner while the business jet world flew by. Don't worry though, no doubt Fred has his Golden Parachute to bail out with regardless if Bombardier divests itself or just scraps Flex. The fat lady is singing loudly now, if you can't hear her - you're just deaf or drowing yourself in kool-aid.

Latest resources

Back