Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flex guys -

This happens every time there is a card drive that is looking favorable for the pilots or contract negotiations that are getting to crunch time.

Nameless, faceless trolls from F&H and middle-management will be pulling out all the stops at this point. Unfortunately, they will also be assisted by the psuedo-management pilots that have gravy jobs in training, etc.

Keep pushing toward your goals. You deserve a contract that can't be violated willy-nilly.

As a regular line pilot, who has never set foot in the Waterview building, I can assure you that my anti-IBT views speak for the silent majority.

Is it me or does it seem that management with their recent emails talking about the "consequences" of a union at Flexjt border on a "hostile working environment"? Any HR gurus on board? Its my impression that there is an underlying threat being presented by mgt towards those who are pro-union.... Thoughts?

They can speak freely if they want. It's called The First Amendment.

That does not constitute a "hostile work environment". Stop fabricating talking points.

.....rumor has it they have used some of this info to drag people in for carpet dances trying to ferrett out union supporters or just plain harrass some into being moles.

Union supportive or not, I wouldn't use my company cell phone for anything. They can, have and will use the information to their advantage. Called in sick? Well they can see you're really out running errands not home in bed. Made a minor mistake on a flight? Well, maybe they'll chalk it up to the quick call you made to you're wife, call it deriliction of duty and fire you over it. Or just get onto you for too much talk time period. Now, I'm not saying these things are okay to do, I don't myself, but to hold the balance of one's career and family in their hands over pissy ant stuff is a bit much.

Well, I'm exeragerating a bit. They won't really fire you. They don't gave the stones for that themselves. They'll just make sure you get the fleet hatchet boy your next ride through the TC. Are TC guys mostly good guys just doing their jobs best they can - without a doubt yes. But the honest ones will admit they've all been asked to lean on certain guys a little harder than usual and the ones with integrity don't treat anyone any differently than they would otherwise. But every fleet has that one everyone dreads getting because they actaully enjoy the whole kingmaker fantasy they have going on in their head.

Dude,

That is what is known as "pulling something out of your ass".

You have absolutely zero knowledge of this occurring! This is a manufactured lie in order to play on the emotional fears of some of our weak minded types. Likely you are one of them if you believe in this far flung conspiracy.

This is without a doubt the dumbest post yet.

Wow, this string has roared back to life!
Mr. doh, the defined benefit plan(dbp) used to be the standard for a lot of companies in the US. About 15-20 years ago companies started dropping them for costs, administrative, underfunding, and other reasons. They were replaced by the now ubiquitous 401K plans. Our dbp can be dropped by Bombardier at any time at their discretion(as could any company). Bombardier has kept it going 'cause some folks wanted it for various reasons, but they encouraged folks to change to 401K's. If a union were voted in, you could be sure that it would be dropped like a hot potato. Everything after that would have to be negotiated.
Mr. pers-headwall, welcome to the board(again). You might not have noticed yet, but a lot of posters here are PRO-UNION...yuk yuk. Anyways, you made some excellent points. One thing I would point out is that our TRB is modelled on a unionized pilot's method of dealing with pilots that have had some problems in the past..we've got basically the same deal without the dues and corruption. You'll find posters here ie Whizz(sp), dashtrasher, exagony, and dbman that post stuff here that is either totally false, half-truths, or a combination. When you or I or others shine a light on their BS, most come back with name-calling and all kinds of ingenious little quips totally unrelated to the discussion at hand. Again, if a union were NEEDED at Flex I would vote one in...anybody that weighs the pros and cons will probably come to the right conclusion. Not much you can say to the wannabe lemmings who's passions overwhelm any common sense they MIGHT have.
WL

Warlord, they have dropped it for new employees. My point here is that I was given a choice and I chose to keep the DBP. I'm asking the rah-rahs if they will honor my choice, or will they force me into some collectivist plan, thus denying me my democratic and free choice.

doh, I misunderstood your question, but now see the light. Don't think you're gonnin get an answer from the "rah-rahs" here, however.
Say, do they sell those cones(from your avatars) at Braums? Flavors??
WL

Manipulating the schedule in order to get your "friends" some extra work on the sideand collecting a little "kick back" rather than work your real job at Flex is a fireable offense.

I guess that is why the Judge sided with JC in his wrongful termination suit against Flex.

Ugh-Humm.

Dude,

That is what is known as "pulling something out of your ass".

You have absolutely zero knowledge of this occurring! This is a manufactured lie in order to play on the emotional fears of some of our weak minded types. Likely you are one of them if you believe in this far flung conspiracy.

This is without a doubt the dumbest post yet.

Thank you for your posts Pers. I see you're taking an active roll on this site to try and weed through the BS out here. There is a lot of it on both sides. Just be careful with your accusations.

While you may feel that this is a lie, there is some truth in what he is saying. He did throw in the disclaimer about his exaggerations. I'm sure he was creating some drama for effect. Sometimes we just have to ignore the BS. Ask around, and you will find that several of your colleagues were called weeks ago to try and gather info on the whole movement. As far as being called into the office... just rumor (as far as I know). But, phone calls were made by ALL ACP's to their trusted sources.

To ALL Flexers: Keep asking questions, and make informed decisions. My BS meter gets pegged on Full every time I come out here. (from BOTH sides of the argument).

-OUT

To all Free Flexers: I take anything Necromonger posts here about as seriously as I take him...his "aircraft flown" description is a reflection on his maturity. How he knows ALL ACP'S called their "trusted sources" we will never know...guess we have to trust him......NOT. His attempt at subtle manipulation is pretty lame.
WL

Latest resources

Back