Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello, all.

After quite a while "looking over the shoulder" of a SIC who frequents this board, I've paid my ten bucks for a chance to swim with the sharks. Seems to me that there are a lot of folks here with very strong opinions on the whole pro/anti union business, and I feel that I can add some useful input from the perspective of one who has been through the whole process (I'm a Flight Options pilot, not a mgt pilot or a union committee member, just a line dawg) but really, truly, could not care less whether Flex and CA organize or not. Thanks, all, for making this board interesting, and I look forward to some interesting discussions. (and my apologies for taking the thread momentarily off topic. Since Flex appears to be closest to a vote, I thought that this thread would be most appropriate to jump into.)

After quite a while "looking over the shoulder" of a SIC who frequents this board, I've paid my ten bucks for a chance to swim with the sharks. Seems to me that there are a lot of folks here with very strong opinions on the whole pro/anti union business, and I feel that I can add some useful input from the perspective of one who has been through the whole process (I'm a Flight Options pilot, not a mgt pilot or a union committee member, just a line dawg) but really, truly, could not care less whether Flex and CA organize or not. Thanks, all, for making this board interesting, and I look forward to some interesting discussions. (and my apologies for taking the thread momentarily off topic. Since Flex appears to be closest to a vote, I thought that this thread would be most appropriate to jump into.)

What?! You paid $10.00 to join FI? (I thought joinging was free) Most of the 50,000 pilots on here would not pay $1.00 to be able post their "opinions". I tell people to go post on the "other" board-FI light-its free and more moderated for your pleasure. ;)

What?! You paid $10.00 to join FI? (I thought joinging was free) Most of the 50,000 pilots on here would not pay $1.00 to be able post their "opinions". I tell people to go post on the "other" board-FI light-its free and more moderated for your pleasure. ;)

What, and miss out on all the unfounded rumors, childish name calling and hideous spelling/grammar to be found here???

Seriously, though, I'm not sure which other board you are referring to. You mean the Flops IBT board? That one pretty much died after the CBA was signed.

Well, since you lemmings think all non-union fracs have a slave-masttuh(sp) relationship, I'm just trying to live up to your expectations. But you Mr.P, your a class act by yourself.
WL

What, and miss out on all the unfounded rumors, childish name calling and hideous spelling/grammar to be found here???

Seriously, though, I'm not sure which other board you are referring to. You mean the Flops IBT board? That one pretty much died after the CBA was signed.

airlinepilotcentral.com Some of our good friends here are also over there on the Frac forum. But they are forced to play nice most of the time. :beer:

NoJoy...
I gotta say. That Chuck Norris thing is really cracking me up for some reason.

... Just sayin'.

Well, since you lemmings think all non-union fracs have a slave-masttuh(sp) relationship, I'm just trying to live up to your expectations. But you Mr.P, your a class act by yourself.
WL

You could do it better than belittling a people, but I do like your analogy. There is a correlation between a master-slave relationship and an at-will employee.

By the way, it's "you're", not "your". Using proper grammar would help your case.

"Lemmings". Really? Name calling is the last resort of a weak mind.

NoJoy...
I gotta say. That Chuck Norris thing is really cracking me up for some reason.

... Just sayin'.

You know that stuff never gets old. Since this thread has entered the darkness, we should all take a break and list our fav Chuck facts. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back