• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union at CommutAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whomever you are that decided to use the name "Chimichanga" as your Flightinfo handle, I salute you. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when i saw that. I am guessing that you are not, in real life, the actual "Chimichanga". I wonder what Chimi-Chimi-Changa will think when he sees this. That is all.

This airline has closed crew bases in Boston, Elmira, White Plains, Portland, Providence, Dulles, Hartford, Syracuse, Rochester, Worcester, Newark...

Add Albany to the list, this coming February. I swear I'm going to buy a trailer and park it out front of wherever HQ is this month.....

Talk about thread resurrection. Question for you. Do you guys end up back at base everyday like the Colgan guys?

Whomever you are that decided to use the name "Chimichanga" as your Flightinfo handle, I salute you. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when i saw that. I am guessing that you are not, in real life, the actual "Chimichanga". I wonder what Chimi-Chimi-Changa will think when he sees this. That is all.

Absolutely classic.

From a former Commutair person...I feel for you guys and I wish you all the best. Commutair has the BEST pilot group that I've worked with so far. Sorry to say but I don't think ALPA or any union will make your lives MUCH better. It may solidify your work rules and it may get you a contract which states when you'll get pay raises but in the end you'll still be taking it in the end like the rest of us at this level in the industry. My advice....go to work, get your time, make your contacts, and move on without making a name for yourself.

For the record the guy who thinks the commuters SHOULD contribute to CASS should be beaten with the thick side of a wooden paddle in front of Starbucks in CLE. Definately qualifies for "the most egregious" thing I've read all day. Commuting sucks and the people who do it don't do it by choice. I'm on my 6th crew base in 4 years.

Nah, most of the trips at CommutAir end up overnighting at least one night, usually several nights. I think there are a few single-day trips, but they're rare to find.

So where are the bases now?

I was at 4 of the closed bases chimichanga mentioned (5 if you count ALB) but was only displaced (make that furloughed) from one.

Last edited:
CLE and PLB. And BOS, at least for now. With the news of Big Sky getting the Delta 1900 flying, I don't foresee BOS lasting for a whole lot longer.

So far, so good. Haven't flown an hour yet, so it's been a pretty good gig. :D

Hopefully I'll get to see a real airplane sometime in January! Not sure how backed up things in the pipeline, though, so I better get a hobby soon. (Well, other than annoying people on this message board... heh.)

Sad to hear Albany closed, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. When a city only flies to one other city, it doesn't make much sense as a crew base. Maddening, still....

Latest resources

Back