• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uniform in public

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a stupid thread. You have to get a life. There are bigger things to worry about than this.

I completely disagree! Some of the funniest responses I have read on this board are here. Keep 'em coming!

We have caught people in the mall before on their "days off". Now thats bad. Having said that however if Im on my way home after a trip I dont bother stripping down if I am going to grab something real quick. If I am on my way home after flying Im usually just too tired to care anymore what anyone thinks of me, good or bad!

Lighten up Francis!

I would of been impressed except she was ugly and was fumbling everything she touched. Uhhhggg!

This is the second time I go to get my physical and there is a pilot, female both times, in full uniform.

CH

Maybe she thought you were ugly too! Or maybe she didn't even think anything about you because was acting like a professional. Maybe it's not the uniform. Maybe you have a problem with female pilots. Ever wonder that? Why do you care anyways don't you have anything mature to discuss on here. Focus on preventing your own gut from protruding from your uniform.
Point the finger and you have three pointing back.

I'd be tempted to say that story was bs, but awhile back I was in jeans and a t-shirt ordering coffee at a starbucks in barnes and noble and the girl almost dumped the coffee on me while she was drooling over this geek in a flight school uniform with stripes and a badge walking across behind me. She probably had to go change her panties after that. I'm guessing the humm#r part is true and the mia 767 capt. part is an embellishment.[/quote]

Every good story has a little BS. Maybe he was kidding.

50 years ago you couldnt wear your uniform in public because you would get too much attention from women and people just wanting to meet a pilot in person. Im not saying wear your uniform around and show off, but at least take some pride in your profession. Why would you be ashamed or call your uniform a "monkey suit" ?? Have some freaking pride.

50 years ago you couldnt wear your uniform in public because you would get too much attention from women and people just wanting to meet a pilot in person. Im not saying wear your uniform around and show off, but at least take some pride in your profession. Why would you be ashamed or call your uniform a "monkey suit" ?? Have some freaking pride.

Good Post. If we had pride in our profession we wouldnt in alot of the messes that we are today.

A hummer in the Starbucks parking lot with uniform on..........hmmmm.
Well I know what I'm doing this weekend!!:pimp:

I too am inclinded to view those who wear the uniform off duty as dorky, however - I have been known to pump a tank of gas in uniform. I have picked up food in uniform and have even stopped by a Barnes and Noble to pick up a book. Once while waiting for the van in Manhattan I even carried luggage for an old lady who thought my "cool" airline pilot uniform was a doorman's uniform.

I don't even drink coffee but I am going to have to try the Starbucks thing.

Last edited:
We have caught people in the mall before on their "days off".

Who is "We"

50 years ago you couldnt wear your uniform in public

50 years ago one didn't have to wear their uniform in public because staffing was much better then and we didn't live in a multi task life-style.... I am a bit envious...

If we had pride in our profession we wouldnt in alot of the messes that we are today.

Pride? Is a personal choice...... get it?

A hummer in the Starbucks parking lot with uniform on..........hmmmm.

Sounds like Capt. Morningwood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO1FJeWDubs

Latest resources

Back