• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unhappy ExpressJet Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have two Captain friends at XJT that state their acceptable contract gains are 20% increases to pay. Now, assuming they both earn about $80/hr, a 20% increase takes you to $96/hr!!! C'mon guys, really!!! You may think that is what a 50 seat RJ captain should be worth........but, where in the marketplace is that amount paid?

What year are they at? At the new Pinnacle/Mesaba contract, a CRJ-200 tops out at 20th year at around $101/hr. And yes, I think a 20th year top Captain at XJT should be paid more than $96/hr.

BUT, as has been said many times before, the hourly rate is only one SMALL part of the overall picture. It's all the soft pay and rules that can really help make (or break) a new contract.

What are you talking about? Xjt already has 50-seat rates above that, so it just depends how long you've been there. Same deal with Eagle and even Skywest, it just goes to show that you've set your bar way too low.

I'm not stupid. I'm aware that the top rates are more than $96. I said you cannot realistically expect to jump from $80/hr to $96/hr. it is NEVER going to happen. Look at every other 50 seat RJ operator. None of them have a rate anywhere near $96/hr for 10th year pay! When it comes down to it, that is all that matters when negotiations reach mediation and arbitration. If you do not see that then you are kidding yourself!

What year are they at? At the new Pinnacle/Mesaba contract, a CRJ-200 tops out at 20th year at around $101/hr. And yes, I think a 20th year top Captain at XJT should be paid more than $96/hr.

BUT, as has been said many times before, the hourly rate is only one SMALL part of the overall picture. It's all the soft pay and rules that can really help make (or break) a new contract.

10th year. I didn't say nobody does or should make $96/hr. I said you cannot expect to go from $80 to $96. Those that make $96 should get more, but they also can't expect 20% more, and go from $96 to $115/hr. it's not gonna happen.

I'm not stupid. I'm aware that the top rates are more than $96. I said you cannot realistically expect to jump from $80/hr to $96/hr. it is NEVER going to happen. Look at every other 50 seat RJ operator. None of them have a rate anywhere near $96/hr for 10th year pay! When it comes down to it, that is all that matters when negotiations reach mediation and arbitration. If you do not see that then you are kidding yourself!

Yes I do realistically expect that: How many arguments do you need?

A 10 year captain gets more than that to fly a TURBOPROP at Jazz (and Canadian taxes AREN'T really any higher than US taxes).

The accumulated inflation over the past eight years has been over 20%.

The expense of getting your licenses to get into this industry keeps going up.

Mesa did not get into its present state because of high pilot pay, the financial health of the company will not be affected by paying pilots a decent wage. In fact, things might improve, morale goes up, sick calls go down, on-time performance will definitely improve (getting those valuable performance bonuses for the airline) .....

At XJT, Captains have been getting 200% for pick ups for most of the last year. That's at least an annual pay hike of 20% over the previous year, if they can do it now, they can do it next year.

No RJ captain or any captain with ten years experience should be making less than six figures, period. If negotiations reach arbitration and we don't get a decent hike in pay, at least we tried.

Last edited:
And I want a million bazillion jillion dollars per hour! F 'em.......they can afford it! It's up to them to figure out how to pay me. I only fly the plane and dang it.....that's what I'm worth!

Burn it down!!!!!!

The majority of ASA pilots want their life raft back. Buying ExpressJet was a huge mistake.

You actually think ASA had money to buy ExpressJet ? Then you and the majority of ASA pilots are clueless.

No wonder you have that $hitty contract.

Well, let's see. ASA's money and profits go into Skywest inc.'s account, and for accounting purposes they do keep track of how much. Portions of said money that ASA earned for its parent company, Skywest Inc were then used to purchase ExpressJet. So......yes, ASA did indeed contribute financially to the purchase of XJT. If any of you XJT can't understand that, then YOU are clueless.

Latest resources

Back