• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unhappy ExpressJet Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well riddle me this. If you had such an iron-clad cost-plus contract, for ten years to come, how could Jerry have whipsawed you/us? Then, to purchase XJT with that much time left on such a sweet, iron-clad contract, why would anyone in their right mind undercut themselves? Even if they bought it just to flip the shares, why not milk that sweet deal for 10 more contractual years. Just to screw over the pilots???

Admittedly, I haven't read the filings but something here just doesn't add up.

If you do some research it is not uncommon for a separation fee to be negotiated prior to doing a deal.

I understand the separation fee. Being that this deal was never serious in the first place makes the money paid to Skyw more of a reward than a separation fee.

I have two Captain friends at XJT that state their acceptable contract gains are 20% increases to pay. Now, assuming they both earn about $80/hr, a 20% increase takes you to $96/hr!!! C'mon guys, really!!! You may think that is what a 50 seat RJ captain should be worth........but, where in the marketplace is that amount paid?

Ok, what is acceptable to u, a 5-6% increase on a 2-3 year cba and bringing Asa up to our contact levels and call it a day?

I have two Captain friends at XJT that state their acceptable contract gains are 20% increases to pay. Now, assuming they both earn about $80/hr, a 20% increase takes you to $96/hr!!! C'mon guys, really!!! You may think that is what a 50 seat RJ captain should be worth........but, where in the marketplace is that amount paid?

Skywest, RJ Captain 10 years of service.

Not sure about the 20% increase though.

Well, I am sure, not going to happen.........

Skywest, RJ Captain 10 years of service.

Not sure about the 20% increase though.

Well, I am sure, not going to happen.........

Um, excuse me?

According to APC, a 10th year Skywest Captain earns $77/hr on the crj200 and $81/hr on the 700/900. It is not until year 18 on the 200 and year 16 on the 700/900 that a Skywest capt sees $96/hr. Again shows how ridiculous demanding 96/hr as a 9 or 10 year capt at XJT is.

If you do some research it is not uncommon for a separation fee to be negotiated prior to doing a deal.

True, but it's probably safe to say that it was MORE than the 5-8 million dollars CAL payed SKW to squeeze XJT into a "cost neutral" (money losing) CPA.

Never mind that CAL couldn't afford to pay out the early termination penalty AND bring in another SJP to provide 200+ airplanes of regional lift.

Um, excuse me?

According to APC, a 10th year Skywest Captain earns $77/hr on the crj200 and $81/hr on the 700/900. It is not until year 18 on the 200 and year 16 on the 700/900 that a Skywest capt sees $96/hr. Again shows how ridiculous demanding 96/hr as a 9 or 10 year capt at XJT is.

Those pay rates are outdated. They even sperated the 700 and 900.

Those pay rates are outdated. They even sperated the 700 and 900.

So, someone can confirm that tenth year crj200 pay at Skywest is $96 per hour? I find that very hard to believe, considering that is pretty close to topped out pay on the 700/900 at ASA!

I've said this before and say it again to all you "Market People". Let's cut the F/O's pay to ZERO, Captains max pay at 33,000 a year. No min days off. We should take over everything in no time and then what? The "Market" now takes that as the new normal. The "Market" will only support LOWER COSTS, at no point does it support higher costs. So the only way you're gonna get paid what you think you should be paid is when draw a line in the sand and say:" This much no less". Some of u realize this.

What are you talking about? Xjt already has 50-seat rates above that, so it just depends how long you've been there. Same deal with Eagle and even Skywest, it just goes to show that you've set your bar way too low.

Last edited:

Well 14% of that is a raise....which we haven't had in years. The 6 % is the concession. You better jump on the bandwagon boss.....are you the guy that said XJT should take a $7 cut across the board?

Latest resources

Back