Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unfortunately CAL will lose it's 50 seat scope.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like you fly big stuff. Enjoy your raise at your co-workers expense. The only way you all get back the rj is by burning the place down. Not gonna happen. You will be OK. Narrow body folks.......not so much. Save this post, and look at it again in 5 years. United already parked their 73s, Continentals smaller 73s are next.

Opinions without knowledge are just .....opinions. But the truth of the matter is, this contract is a "narrow body" contract. They will benefit the most (as it should be after the last 8 years).

I hope you all are correct, as I would really like to move on to bigger and better. If my predictions come true, just remember where to direct your anger. Sadly, history is on my side. Your best hope is that Tilton capitulates to your demands in an effort to close the deal, thereby securing his payout. No forward thinking management would ever allow the rjs back in house. That barn door was left open long ago, and the horse is gone, likely never to return.

The problem with bringing the rjs back in house is that the company loses the ability to decimate longetivity. With the outsourced feed, you never have to pay 25 year captains or 15 year fo's. As soon as one contract gets old, you put it back out to bid, and a fresh batch of teenagers moves in. Even if you undercut the current RJ rates substantially, management knows they will lose the ability to reset those longetivity rates down the road. Do you really think UAL will allow that to happen when AMR, USAIR and DAL all enjoy the ability to do this? The only way you get this fixed is if you take it all the way to a strike, threatening the merger. I don't believe that the senior folks will do it. The Jr folks might. I don't think there will be enough Jr folks to carry the day. The Sr folks will sell you, and I down the river for a couple sheckels.

I think Jeff has a variety of throw down plans for whatever outcome. I don't think it's a coincidence that the non-union carrier was matched with the hub city in a right to work state. Make no mistake, mgts goal is to destroy the profession completely. First use the regionals against the mainline and then regionals against regionals.

There is no reason labor should not prevail. Other than we as labor rarely gets the proper outcome we should. Wrecking CAL's scope is a major reason UAL and CAL came together. There was no other way Jeff was going to get around it.

It doesn't help either that more than half the non CAL/UAL pilots want us to lose as well.

I think Jeff has a variety of throw down plans for whatever outcome. I don't think it's a coincidence that the non-union carrier was matched with the hub city in a right to work state. Make no mistake, mgts goal is to destroy the profession completely. First use the regionals against the mainline and then regionals against regionals.

There is no reason labor should not prevail.................

Oh yes there is, Flopgut, and here it is: The almighty union in this "fight" is ALPA, an entity in the business, primarily, of representing regional airline pilots. Behind the scenes at Papa ALPA there is no fight, and there won't be. Just like they want to allow an increase of flight time limits in their "fight" to cure fatigue. That's just stupid pandering to the ATA and their next acquisition, the JB pilots.

There is no fight left in ALPA, because they serve too many masters. Sad to see this fail, because it might be the keystone to restoring the profession.

Latest resources

Back