Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unfortunately CAL will lose it's 50 seat scope.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, when CAL flowbacks went to XJT they went back to CAL, got their $$$, then shut down the flow through for XJT. They got theirs and left, that mentality has NEVER changed at CAL and never will.

MGT. dumped the flow-through, not the flowbacks. If anything the junior pilots at Express were the most vocal about not renewing it.

MGT. dumped the flow-through, not the flowbacks. If anything the junior pilots at Express were the most vocal about not renewing it.

I was just going to let that point go...................

No that is not correct. The enhanced flow through was killed by the CAL side of ALPA.

No it wasn't. There was never enough support from the new XJT pilots that had lost senority and seats because of it. Add to the fact that CAL MGMT was IPO'ing selling XJT outright. There still could have been a flow through and even one better, a single senority list but saying that the CAL MEC killed both is simply not true.

Another really bad pilot joke.....Really man people died.
Are you that frustrated, or is your pillow at the cleaners?

It is not a joke. I am tired of bad pilots. Stupid accidents happened like this one because those people should have chosen another career path.

I saw it all the time at the regionals, I would say 50% of the pilot staff could not deal with a real emergency, 50% of them would make stupid mistakes on a daily basis. When they are paired together the odds of dumb mistakes doubles.

I am not saying I am perfect, I make mistakes too. But my daily mistakes would be things like breaking sterile cockpit, not doing all of the waypoint accuracy checks accross the Atlantic (who cares btw if you do them, just look at the GPS if it is working), forgetting to switch to tower at the sign in "LAX" (I may remember 100' past or so).... stuff that is not that big of a deal..

When if comes to situational awareness and actually doing what is important, flying the plane, I am at about a 99%. Oh and BTW, you can read the newspaper and know what is going on, unless you don't have any skill. I know there are some geeks that can't do that because they have to pay attention all the time...they are nervous every flight... My advice to them is change career, they were not meant to be a pilot.

I really get tired of the union protecting these pilots. I think they should be fired. I had a sim partner once at a regional that got 5 extra sim lessons, ridiculous!! I was finishing up sim #3 and he was still on sim #1, couldn't do a raw data takeoff, kept crashing.

Do you want your family or yourself on his plane, with 2 pilots like that?

Look at the Comair crash in Lexington....more bad pilots. You may say "that could happen to any of us"... I hate to tell you, NOT REALLY... good pilots would figure it out anything short of a unrecoverable mechanical issue.

Bad pilot crashes:

1) Air Florida
2) American in Cali
3) Air France in 2009
4) Most regional accidents.... AE in Indiana & RDU, Comair in DTW, Jetstream that crashed in Hibing & the other one up north in 2004. ACA in CMH (1995 I think), Clownair in LEX

5) and many more..

We need to demand good pilot hiring practices in order to demand higher wages!!! As long as we have goofy characters amongst us we will always get treated goofy by management.

No it wasn't. There was never enough support from the new XJT pilots that had lost senority and seats because of it. Add to the fact that CAL MGMT was IPO'ing selling XJT outright. There still could have been a flow through and even one better, a single senority list but saying that the CAL MEC killed both is simply not true.

No, it simply is true. A single list was created and 20 minutes or so later killed by CAL reps on the MEC. Same with the enhanced flow, had there been support by CAL reps it may have proceeded. The issue just whithered and was never voted on by either pilot group.

No, it simply is true. A single list was created and 20 minutes or so later killed by CAL reps on the MEC. Same with the enhanced flow, had there been support by CAL reps it may have proceeded. The issue just whithered and was never voted on by either pilot group.

No it wouldn't. Do you really think CAL management would of reacted by saying, 'hey what a great idea, why didn't you guys do this earlier!?!' CAL at best would of accepted for steep concessions which btw CAL pilots were already dealing with. The idea became a waste of O2 the minute the IPO was spun. As far as 'enhanced flowthrough', my new hire class at CAL was 2 out of 3 XJT/Other. But we can keep blaming those 'POS CAL scabs' for crushing that ow so perfect one list dream...

Latest resources

Back