• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Understand Continental Junior Pilots???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spiked hair, ipods and backpacks at Continental!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all joke about that stuff here, but to put it into some official document to broadly brush a large portion of your pilot group is assinine.

He was an intern with Continental and his desire down the road is to work in management. A friend of mine knows him better than I do and this is what was relayed to me. He doesn't represent me(2005 hire) or my thoughts, or the thoughts of most of us hired during this time. He means well but is going at all this the wrong way. This document was a thesis paper for his MBA and he interviewed and met with management pilots in the construction of the document.

He's got nothing else to do. Last time I talked to him he might have kissed a girl by then, I'm not sure if he has ever gotten any stank on his hang low. Smooth like sand paper, perfect for management.

I"m in the middle of the list. From what I've seen, you could not distinguish this guy from a guy like Prater speaking to his early years and "fighting" Lorenzo. The only difference is those who were senior at the time did a tremendous job of taking care of his fat butt. And the economy wasn't quite as bad and his fortunes improved more quickly.

His analysis probably isn't that far off, except for his application of Maslow's Hierarchy of Need. Secondly, his conclusion/solutions are way off.

I can summarize it better: If it's a guy: Beer, broads, pay, and days off. If it's a chick: pay, travel, days off, husband. Once the husband is attained you can flip the list and add "kids."

The similarity is "pay" and "days off."

Taking a pay cut to "advance" your career isn't really the problem. It's taking a pay cut to half of what a teacher in that community makes is the problem. And teachers get holidays and summers off with better benefits.

If it was a part-time gig, say 2-3 days per week, I think we'd find something better to do.

Flying is an avocation, not a vocation. You're pretty lucky to make any money at it, and d@mn lucky to have any security.

It would have been much better with pictures, maybe a diorama or some paper mache. I give that term paper a "B-" with a smiley face.

Latest resources

Back