• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UNBELIEVABLE! - CAL ALPA supports change to Age 60 Rule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please write or call your mec and lec representatives and ask how this was not given to a vote. Why did they sell everyone out? Was anyone called, or did this survey ever get published results. Complete crap. Please try to find out what changed, and how no one was notified.

aHOG10pilot should be talking

aHOG10pilot, you should be freakin talking. Look at your intelligent postings on the airtran thread. You bash others just as bad, and if you are a male I would suppose you and Poconopilot are shackin up. I encourage folk to read ahog10pilot posts on the airtran TA thread. Kettle callin' the pot black aHog10pilot... Quite funny to hear you BS though. You will say whatever goes, and that's called a sellout.

Once again hog....

This was your statement on another thread, and my response below it. You say PoconoPilot is the worst on here. Spare me, if people do just a tiny bit of checking, they would know you as the mouth. I do agree with you that Pocohantas is quite pathetic and we see write through him possing as a her to get us to now lay off. but you yourself are noteworthy for being a damn hipocrit....

Remember these attacks, and such... and the reponses you got from other threads yourself. Well let me remind you.. Here is one...

Originally Posted by a10hogplt
AIRTRAN valuejet..call them whatever...modern day wanna bee's......they are a regional, or scab airline.....oh wait...we dont have a board for modern day scabs...........oops..
Just putting your professionalism, and demeanor in check.... There can only be one reason. With your hours, and the experience you listed you must have been turned down by both and are struggling with their decision. It's just chewing you up inside and so all you can do is place blame, talk down to and about. I haven't heard one intelligent thing come out of your mouth. Secondly, you have it all wrong. You are the typical puke who management has one over. You are week and have been controlled by management to fight amonst the pilot ranks/group rather than band together to work collectively to pick this up out of the gutter. You don't really seem to have the ability to work with anyone, and might be better off just continuing to fly your little warthog..... Piece out brother - you've got it all wrong. Oh yeah, contracts are better, not pilot groups. You speak as if you have weight or authority and your making the rest of us sick....

I spoke with my LEC rep who was at the meeting and he told me this is BS. Someone has taken this all out of context. The MEC is not taking a stand to support a change in the age 60 rule. The CAL MEC is taking no stand at all on the age 60 rule.

I spoke with my LEC rep who was at the meeting and he told me this is BS. Someone has taken this all out of context. The MEC is not taking a stand to support a change in the age 60 rule. The CAL MEC is taking no stand at all on the age 60 rule.

So you're saying Pocono Pilot has his head up his as$ again?

Shocking.

Hi!

The coming change to ending a pilot's career at age 65 is a travesty.

There should be no age discrimination, and no age limit.

cliff
YIP

Hi!

The coming change to ending a pilot's career at age 65 is a travesty.

There should be no age discrimination, and no age limit.

cliff
YIP

What airline experience do you have? According to your profile it looks like, NONE!

The rules of the game were established in 1949. Everyone who has played the game knows the rules. Now because of some whining because of a self inflicted injury, the losers want to change the rules.

Cliff needs to get a life so he can get a valid opinion. He is obviously into some creepy stuff looking at his profile picture.

Last edited:
Let me ask those against the rule change just what is your objection? Is there any imperical evidence that pilots are not capable of meeting medical standards beyond age 60? Is there any imperical evidence that there would be a higher bust rate on checkrides for those over 65? Just what are your objections based on? The only arguement I've heard that isn't complete Bulls**t is that it will delay YOUR upgrade/transition/payraise. It is the very same greed that you accuse the senior pilots of guiding their decision. Did anyone notice that your said upgrade/transition/payraise will still happen, just at a higher rate as you acquire longevity? And those last 5 years, should you choose to accept them, will also be at a higher rate. But I will be assuming that all objectors will voluntarily retire at 60, right? Or are your arguements just oral diahrrea?
This retirement age was determined, as previously stated, in 1949 and was established at the request of airline management. It was created simply to hold down payroll of all the WW2 vets that made up the bulk of the seniority lists of the day. It was a purely financial decision, backed up with smoke and mirrors medical science. Even if it was remotely applicable in 1949 the average life expectancy of a US citizen has increased almost 20 years since then. All credible contributors agree that there is no longer any medical reason to require retirement at age 60.

So, have at it, gentlemen and ladies. Come up with something other than "get the f**k out of MY seat" and I'll be happy to listen. Otherwise, wallow in the same greed that you accuse others of.

Hope you die in that seat, how's that you self centered, all about me, piece of ********************. You knew the age, live with it. Die from it, I don't care, but don't try to change it to double help you, and screw me. You have no life except that seat. Your 3 wife loves it when you leave for work so she can visit her boyfriend. You just aren't smart enough to see logic. Maybe you can understand this. F-u-c-k Off.

Latest resources

Back