• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pocono Pilot

flower child
Unbelievable!

Last edited:
Agenda item – resolution regarding CAL MEC chairman’s support of modification of ALPA’s policy on Age 60 rule at Executive Board meeting. Motion to approve the resolution. Second. Discussion. Motion to amend the resolution. Second. Discussion. Motion to amend the resolution passes. Vote on the amended resolution passes.

Why on earth is CAL ALPA proactively supporting a change to the age 60 rule when it has NOT even been changed yet?????

Do you mean to tell me that a majority of the CAL pilots are actually supporting this change?

XJT is not! AA is not! NWA is not! FedEx is not. UPS is not! DAL is not!

So CAL pilots come out and supports it before it is even decided!!!

I am so mad I could spit!

Pratter is probably buddies with the 1190 or so CAL pilots who don't really want to retire in the next couple or three years.

Why on earth is CAL ALPA proactively supporting a change to the age 60 rule when it has NOT even been changed yet?????

Do you mean to tell me that a majority of the CAL pilots are actually supporting this change?

XJT is not! AA is not! NWA is not! FedEx is not. UPS is not! DAL is not!

So CAL pilots come out and supports it before it is even decided!!!

I am so mad I could spit!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there supposed to be something like 50% of their pilot group retiring in the next 5 or 10 years. That make for alot of senior people in the union who want another 5 years to build up there retirements. It seems logical to me that they would endorse the change... Why so surprised??

There is more to it than simply wanting the age 65 rule

Let me start with I am completely against the age 65 rule.:angryfire

There is more to it than simply wanting the age 65 rule.

However, sometimes you have to cut your losses. For example look at the USAir guys. They insisted on DOH and lost any opportunities to make a better intregration than what they got.

On age 60, it is happening and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Congress and the FAA are for it, so it will happen. The best thing they can do now is endorse it and support changes that will afford pilots the opportunity to retire at age 60, 62 or an age earlier than 65...without penaltys for an "early" retirement.

An example of that is; Currently there is speculation that if you retire early with the pensions reform, you will be assessed a 15% penalty on your pension if you retire at 60. You'll have to wait until the effective date on your pension if you don't want to be assessed a penalty. I would rather support the rule and get this changed so that guys will not be assessed penaltys on retiring "early". There are other gotcha's that could affect retirees that want to retire early and the only way to change the rules is to play the game.

At least AA and CAL have a frozen A Plan the will encourage the new "early" retirements.

Take it for what it's worth.

RECALL EVERYONE ON THE MEC AND ALL LEC's. Talk about trying to bring respect back to the CAL MEC. NOT A CHANCE! "It's all about me and my greed" OUT. OUT OUT Piss ant self centered THIEVING group!

Majority of what? Did the survey come out? Did anyone call you?

Majority of pilots. They vote and make pressure on MEC with collective vision of the future for the entire pilot group.

The bottom pay rates are so low (+ no meds) because we have too many old guys who desperately wanted to save their lump sums. Something had to give.

RECALL EVERYONE ON THE MEC AND ALL LEC's. Talk about trying to bring respect back to the CAL MEC. NOT A CHANCE! "It's all about me and my greed" OUT. OUT OUT Piss ant self centered THIEVING group!

You obviously haven't been reading the news lately about how the age 65 rule WILL happen. Be rational, not emotional, and find ways to encourage the new "early" retirements at 60.

Latest resources

Back