• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UNBELIEVABLE! - CAL ALPA supports change to Age 60 Rule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You obviously haven't been reading the news lately about how the age 65 rule WILL happen.

I must have missed that press release. Last I heard was the Feds are activily denying waivers and there is a POSSIBILITY of them issuing a NPRM this fall. A NPRM of course being a notice of PROPOSED rule making.

It's a long way from a done deal.

Gup

I must have missed that press release. Last I heard was the Feds are activily denying waivers and there is a POSSIBILITY of them issuing a NPRM this fall. A NPRM of course being a notice of PROPOSED rule making.

It's a long way from a done deal.

Gup

Take a look at Section 706 of Senate Bill 1300. There's a push to circumvent the FAA's NPRM and fast track a rule change via Congress (Much of the pressure is coming from SW pilots):
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s110-1300

Let me start with I am completely against the age 65 rule.:angryfire

Write your senator if you care about this issue:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

hey PooPoo Pilot...why do you even care? all you do is bash CAL even though they pay most of your bills and are the biggest reason that you are sitting in the seat that you are. you don't wanna be here and CLAIM to have turned down the job. congrats on that!

if age 60 falls then guess where you'll be stuck for an extra 5 years...?

best of luck in your finicky job search. i am glad that you aren't at CAL. please continue your reign as KING RJ PILOT and tell the world how great you are - maybe someone will listen...

True

hey PooPoo Pilot...why do you even care? all you do is bash CAL even though they pay most of your bills and are the biggest reason that you are sitting in the seat that you are. you don't wanna be here and CLAIM to have turned down the job. congrats on that!

if age 60 falls then guess where you'll be stuck for an extra 5 years...?

best of luck in your finicky job search. i am glad that you aren't at CAL. please continue your reign as KING RJ PILOT and tell the world how great you are - maybe someone will listen...

No kidding.....Pocono - let it go. You continue to bash and bash. Is a CAL guy banging your wife or something?

I hardly believe the majority of CAL pilots support raising the retirement age. I am greatly angered by this betrayal of my union leadership and the fact that as a probie I can't even do anything about it is more frustrating!

Many CAL pilots have a long and distinguished history of F'ing other pilots just to get something for themselves. Understand that fact and this shouldn't surprise you either. Gee, SCABS want to throw younger guys under the bus? Go figure.

THIS JUST IN!!!!

.............................pilots will look out for themselves, even if others feel as though they are getting shafted by it.
That is all.

No kidding.....Pocono - let it go. You continue to bash and bash. Is a CAL guy banging your wife or something?

I don't think my husband would like it if I had a wife.

Come to think of it, maybe he would, actually. :blush:

every XJT pilot I have ever spoken to concerning age 65 has been completely ambivalent about resisting a change and could careless if age 65 occurs.

pocono pilot is the biggest idiot on these boards...dont let her or him, or maybe he/she doesnt even know bring you down.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back