• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UH OH!! Its gonna hit the fan, now!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One solution could be to get an LOA from the MEC that will bring back the 60 captains that were displaced within the last 8 months. Their training would be minimal. They could be on line within 3 weeks if all parties act quickly. After the crisis is over, these captain positions could be posted for open bidding through the conventional process. FOs who bid captain on the current position notice would be eligible for captain pay throughout the LOA fix. For whatever reason, the company really did a poor job of calculating staffing needs. They straddled the fence too long between growth and stagnation. The good news is that we realized some growth. We should be willing to work with them to solve this problem. A distressed operation doesn't help anyone. If management, the MEC, and the pilot group do not get together to solve the problem then we will continue in our present drudgery.

ASA folks, what are your contractual requirements of management for vacation postponement? How much advance notice, voluntary, involuntary, and what about refund of deposits to committments already made for vacation?

WOW, I think I'm gonna throw up now..... Thanks for the insight though
Brad hates unions more than the Mormons do, I would bet dollars to donuts, F&H will have a hand in the very near future, your taterginity is at extreme risk.They will come at you in ways you never imagined. You need your MEC to come together with the rank and file, tell 'em to quit playing golf with Brad, and start peckerpunching him.
PBR

Sunlitpath - not a bad idea! If they really acted quickly (if we are really in a pinch??) I think you could have those guys back in the left seat quicker than that.

Thinking outside the box! Shoot that idea over to Scott or Brad.

However, I see the union balking more than the company.

ASA folks, what are your contractual requirements of management for vacation postponement? How much advance notice, voluntary, involuntary, and what about refund of deposits to committments already made for vacation?

Yep-

They can be postponed... 15 day notice-I think...All the company has to do is cover your "non-refundable deposits.."

-Pretty sad that our dues went to negotiate this kind of crap.

Yep-

They can be postponed... 15 day notice-I think...All the company has to do is cover your "non-refundable deposits.."

-Pretty sad that our dues went to negotiate this kind of crap.
You are on double secret reserve and didn't even know it! Brads got a hand full of your short and curlies and he is gonna start pulling out hand fulls!
PBR

You are on double secret reserve and didn't even know it! Brads got a hand full of your short and curlies and he is gonna start pulling out hand fulls!
PBR

Exactly-

But at least he will do it with a nice "thanks for all you do!"

-Classy...

I 'll take Brad and Scott as managers any day of the week. They are not perfect, but they are pretty damn good.

Here's my crystal ball prediction..... 40 new capt positions in ATL on the 200/700 and 10 in IAD
I love crystal balls. Mine are steel, but crystal is good too. DISCLAIMER: strictly for comical purposes. No homosexual inferences intended...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back