• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ugly and Unexpected Attrition at Horizon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
70 new-hires, now through Spring 08 to deal with the just-discovered (by management) fact that "the industry is recovering and it appears the hiring slump of post 2001 is definitely over."

Ya think?

But a lot of the attrition is going to other regionals. Not the majors like LH says. I wonder why? Aren't we the best regional of 2006?

But a lot of the attrition is going to other regionals. Not the majors like LH says. I wonder why? Aren't we the best regional of 2006?

2007 ATW Regional of the Year.

Yeah, whatever....

That's akin to being the 2007 Donkey Kong Gamer of the Year.

Who wants to fly old Falcon 20s out of Detoilet (YIP) at all hours of the night to garden spots like TOL, ELP, and Juarez? Sign me up!

I dunno man...flying a Falcon 20 was some of the most fun I have had in an airplane...good times :)

Have to wait

Who wants to fly old Falcon 20s out of Detoilet (YIP) at all hours of the night to garden spots like TOL, ELP, and Juarez? Sign me up!
Lots of pilot want to work here, I have a drawer full of poolies just waiting for the call. You will just have to wait in line like everyone else. Go to js.firm or 350 to post a resume and we will try to get you on the interview schedule before Thanksgiving. That is about the time when our next interview schedule has an opening. Fine airline jobs, like good wine are not served before thier time.

2007 ATW Regional of the Year.

Yeah, whatever....

That's akin to being the 2007 Donkey Kong Gamer of the Year.

Heh...in 2005, freakin' Mesa was the ATW Regional Airline of the Year. :nuts:

I'm one of the people who bailed from Horizon over the last month...I was there 3.5 years and I was a tad over halfway to upgrade. I think it's an indication of QX management's insularity that the attrition caught them off guard. They believe enough of their own press that they can't imagine why anybody would go work anywhere else...

70 new-hires, now through Spring 08 to deal with the just-discovered (by management) fact that "the industry is recovering and it appears the hiring slump of post 2001 is definitely over."

Ya think?

Can the puppy farms churn 'em out that quickly? Sounds like anyone with any combination of experience and brains would be looking elsewhere.

Lots of pilot want to work here, I have a drawer full of poolies just waiting for the call. You will just have to wait in line like everyone else. Go to js.firm or 350 to post a resume and we will try to get you on the interview schedule before Thanksgiving. That is about the time when our next interview schedule has an opening. Fine airline jobs, like good wine are not served before thier time.

35K on cal 24/7 i'm so exited...D-I-P-S-H-I-T

Heh...in 2005, freakin' Mesa was the ATW Regional Airline of the Year. :nuts:

I'm one of the people who bailed from Horizon over the last month...I was there 3.5 years and I was a tad over halfway to upgrade. I think it's an indication of QX management's insularity that the attrition caught them off guard. They believe enough of their own press that they can't imagine why anybody would go work anywhere else...

That has been QX's "problem" for a long time now- they bury their head in the sand and then get hit by a truck. Sad.

Pilot Shortage My Azz!

There is only a shortage of pilots willing to work for crap wages. The well-paying outfits are having NO trouble attracting well-qualified applicants. None.

Nobody is parking airplanes or cutting service for lack of crews. The regionals are certainly feeling the pressure though.

Only to start

35K on cal 24/7 i'm so exited...D-I-P-S-H-I-T
35K only to start. Most are up to $50-$60 range after a couple years. Remember this is a entry level job where you get the skills to move onto a carer position. You to pay your dues someplace, this is only one of the many options. This is where you get the skills to go from CFI to Netjets, AirTran, etc as many of our low time starting pilots have done We have many pilots who are not going anywhere because they actually like the lifestyle. Few pilots spend more time at home than than a USA pilot who lives to the YIP area. So control your excitment. I will PM you an email address so you can start your on-line application.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back