Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UFlyMike revisited... What's the story? Bc it's awesome(!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First, you're welcome! We've not found a good solution for those that have issue with the mic on the left. We DO have a longer mic, though, about two inches longer. I always kept both ears covered in the left seat. When the boss said something, I figured it was likely about his investment strategy or one of his ex-wives... I just smiled and nodded. Figured if it was important, he would call back... :)

Mike

Hello again Mike,

About your mic.... :)

I would like to speak to you about the longer mic.
When is an ok time to call you with a quick question?

Thanks,
Z.

Why spend your own money on something the company provides?
...I assume your airlines equip the flight decks with headsets.

I know of no company that supplies a headset as comfortable and quiet as the QC+UFM combo.

That's kinda like saying that because your company supplies unlimited peanuts, why spend your own money on a sandwich?

Why spend your own money on something the company provides?
...I assume your airlines equip the flight decks with headsets.

Because I actually want to be able to HEAR when I'm 70.

Because I miss WAY fewer radio calls with the Bose/UFM than I did with the POS Telex 750 the company put in the airplanes.

Because I like to be able to shut out the screaming babies and moronic amateur travelers when I ride the airlines.

Because it was the best $500 I ever spent in this business.

That's just a few reasons why. And CA's analogy about peanuts is spot on.

Because I actually want to be able to HEAR when I'm 70.

Because I miss WAY fewer radio calls with the Bose/UFM than I did with the POS Telex 750 the company put in the airplanes.

Because I like to be able to shut out the screaming babies and moronic amateur travelers when I ride the airlines.

Because it was the best $500 I ever spent in this business.

That's just a few reasons why. And CA's analogy about peanuts is spot on.

Well said Gut!

Any time. My mobile is 719-332-9670 We're in MST.

Mike

I sent you a PM which should suffice, I didn't want to intruder on your weekend time with the family or whatever and call at the wrong time.
Thanks for making yourself so easy to contact....
Z.

They turned around my repair request in less than a week. Can't wait until my next trip to try it out.

For the TSO to be in effect you have to wear the ear buds underneath the headset correct?

First. There is no requirement that equipment not permanently affixed to the airplane be TSO'd. I carry a copy of the ruling from their boss for any Fed that doesn't understand this.
The earbud is to maintain audio in the event of battery failure. If they want to push this, the same thing can be easily accomplished by turning the speaker above the Fed's head to full blast and opening all the channels.

That may be pretty annoying if you don't have noise cancellation.......;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back