Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UFlyMike revisited... What's the story? Bc it's awesome(!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Been using the combo for over 5 years. Just upgraded to the QC15... thank you Bose. Thank you Mike.

How do you compare the two? Is there much difference in the noise level with have the ear cups over the ear verses them resting on your ear?

The -15 is also an over-the-ear unit and is an upgrade of the -2. The on-the-ear model has never been compatible with the Uflymike. I've had the -15 for about 6 months now and just flew a contract trip on an airplane with -2's installed which was good to remind me of the comparison. I would estimate the -15 at roughly 15 percent more quiet with about the same comfort level.

Fubi, surprised and sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. I'm guessing it's a one-off. Did you only call the one time and leave the one message? How about an e-mail on uflymike.com? I'd be very surprised if Mike wouldn't call you personally to handle it.

Last edited:
Better hope it doesn't fail like mine did...they won't respond to call to attempt to fix it.

Just saw your post. Sorry, I didn't see it sooner. You try one time? Did you leave a message? You sure the message was understandable? Leave a call back number and name? We get messages where those things don't happen. Call my mobile, I'll take care of you right now. 719-332-9670

Mike

Now thats customer service. Wish we could use your product. CM and JM screwed their crew members.

This very question was asked to Chuck himself when he came out to Vegas a few weeks ago for a pilot sit down. He was very honest about how the whole thing played out. Basically he could careless about what headset we wear. The only issue is that it explicitly states in the QC2 manual that "These headphones are not engineered to meet the needs of pilots or to meet civil aviation communications". Once our lawyers saw that the QC2 was done no matter the TSO or not. If Bose were to remove that from their manual we might have a chance to get it back in the cockpit. But you know as well as I do the chance of Bose doing that are excatly 0. I had to go home and look it up myself and there is was on page 9. So, after that I quit blaming the QC2 on Chuck. Blame the Captain who had a Fed on the jumpseat with the light flashing in face on a 2hr flight at night and started to ask questions.

I got mine long before the Kernal McGill debacle, and there is no such statement in my QC2 manual. That all came about after those guys made a big deal out of it.......

Just saw your post. Sorry, I didn't see it sooner. You try one time? Did you leave a message? You sure the message was understandable? Leave a call back number and name? We get messages where those things don't happen. Call my mobile, I'll take care of you right now. 719-332-9670

Mike

Like I said...

Thanks again for a great product Mike.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Uflymike. I just hope they can fix it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Uflymike. I just hope they can fix it.

Great product.
Not perfect, but great!

I purchased one in 2006.
It lasted 4 full years of 4 days a week + use.
Wire where it bends after plug developed a short.

Ended up purchasing a new one, sending shorted one in for repair.
Repair cost $30?

Sold old one on Ebay for about 80% of what I paid for it.

Using new one with TSO sticker now.

I have seen some fairly ROUGH FO's, one in particular get out of his seat multiple times and take the wire with his foot as he was trying to exit the seat. His unit had the wire pulled from where it plugs in under microphone unit. I can see why, he was rough as HELL on his.

After flying with the UFlyMike unit for now close to 6 years I must say it gets my 100% Recommendation.
Whomever answered the phone (Female) and helped me with my new purchase was friendly and helpful.

Excellent product.
Excellent customer support.
Not perfect, but darn close to it!

Just placed an order at BOSE & Mike's.
My last aviation tax write off for the year.
Thanks for the reviews it swayed me on
spending some bucks tonight.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

PS~(Mike I didn't miss a FI or union discount code did I? :)

Last edited:
Haven't worn my Ufly -15 for 6 months and I miss it! Went from 737 to A320 (not a single pilot has worn their own headset.)

Does anyone know if the DAL ER group wears the Ufly? I sure hope so!

Also, what's the deal w/ the TSO 'sticker?' I don't think I have that. Mine just have a worn off silver sticker on one side.

Thanks - Baja.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back