• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UCon contract?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone actually think that any president would let UAL, DAL or AA actually strike? Please. Republican or democrat, it won't happen. Sucks, but it is what it is.

a PEB only delays a strike does not prevent it. It gives the sides another 30 days to continue negotiations. Now if Republicans get their way one day, Unions, contracts and organized labor will be illegal, and corporations will rule the day. Until that day, although severely hamstrung by the labor railway act, we can still use "self-help".

I just got an individual brief from my [CAL] rep (ran into him at Starbucks). The arbitrator in the scope arbitration is not done with Jeff. The mediator has started warning him as well. Jeff's counter offer on section 25 was well below what the mediator set as a minimum.

Obviously, Jeff doesn't think we have the balls to strike. I can't wait to prove him wrong. When we do, I hope the BOD shows him the door.

Obviously, Jeff doesn't think we have the balls to strike. I can't wait to prove him wrong. When we do, I hope the BOD shows him the door.

It has nothing to do with Jeff. Even if we vote for it, Obama will NEVER let us strike. A work slow down would be far more effective anyways.

This is gonna be interesting. Talked to a couple of UAL guys in the security line, word is to get DAL type contract they will have to give up 90 seaters......... and these guys thought it was OK.
Amazing!
PBR

I've heard this from 3 different UAL Captains as well (in my jump and me in theirs). Except they were saying 90-100 seats. That was pretty early on in the merger, however. Not bait, just relaying my discussions. My impressions are that the UAL mid to senior pilots are just fed up and want to recoup as much cash as possible before retirement and generally don't care.

The Continental guys I've spoken with all seem pretty unified across the board. They aren't budging. Good for you.

Well if they aren't unified at the top I got two words for them...Aer Lingus. Need I say more. The whole gang is waking up to J-Lo and we will be taking him to task unless they give us the contract we deserve...period.

I haven't talked to one person yet that would be willing to take that....sounds like flame to me

I've talked to quite a few United pilots and NONE have said anything about giving up scope. In fact, most said no f****** way or Flibs can kiss my a**. I'm sure everyone knows the consequence of relaxing scope. It would affect the most senior to the most junior pilot. There's no way.

Latest resources

Back