Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAX Letter to UAL Pilots over jumpseat dispute.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly2AK,

This is the problem, we didn't choose this fight. I was (as were all of the guys I've spoken to) stunned at the existence let alone the content of this letter. I was aware of the issue, but like most guys I'd think, thought that discussions were on going. The escalating confrontation that has emerged was a complete shock. We were not consulted. I have always been treated with professionalism by UAL crews and must say that I have had great conversations with those crews.
The idea of bumping heads over what is really a non issue escapes me. I have no problem with UALMECs' request for priority. Even if I didn't I can't advocate the denial of jumpseats. It just makes no sense.
Thanks for your comments. I just see this tearing a deeper divide between all pilots, something we don't need in todays day and age of aviation.

Fly2AK,

Say you're doing a quick-turn through ORD and you're parked at F1C. That's the farthest one that you can walk to outside, you know, almost to the eagle gates. You don't have time to walk up to the gate. It's literally like a football field's length away. Even if you did have time, UA mainline works the gate for Express in Chicago and they can be very hard to deal with on these issues. If their computer tells them something, they believe it more than they believe you. Believe me.

Fly2AK,

Say you're doing a quick-turn through ORD and you're parked at F1C. That's the farthest one that you can walk to outside, you know, almost to the eagle gates. You don't have time to walk up to the gate. It's literally like a football field's length away. Even if you did have time, UA mainline works the gate for Express in Chicago and they can be very hard to deal with on these issues. If their computer tells them something, they believe it more than they believe you. Believe me.

Truer words havent been spoken. Especially at the deplorable cluster ************************* which is Concourse F at ORD.

Well for one thing the "SkyWest Pilots" did not sign this letter. They lack a union and a spine. Besides why are you asking for something to be fixed when its not going to matter anyway when United Disappears.

You are just wasting your time.

ACTUALLY LETTER WAS WRITTEN BY A SKYWEST PILOT

At the rate things are going at UAL and the economy, in the end, it probably want matter. However, until that day, fight for jumpseat equity!

It's time the little people make their voices heard!

You're not on a need to know basis anymore because you do not work at SkyWest. It was written by Skywest pilot.

..........in conjunction with, and with the help of the JSC's at several other airlines.

The solution is simple. The UAL guys/gals need to get off their asses and email/write the MEC and get this changed. Simple as that .........and it's cost neutral. They already pay their IT guys......this will cost nothing. The UAL MEC has his head up his ass. Period.

The funniest thing about this entire thread, is that there is a UAL IT computer geek out there that has already written the code, and tested it at home and is ready to implement it. But no one has asked him to do it.

So he's just hanging out, drinking beer, and laughing his a$$ off at all these posts because HE has already FIXED it!

I'm telling ya...it's true!

Ahh...the power of the geeks. Heck, I'd prly sit back and watch too....

Latest resources

Back