• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAX De-ice Brake Drop Issue - Chicago

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the logbook says you blocked out at XX:XX time, then there is no way they can be manipulating your block time. The logbook rules!

How do you drop the "break"? It's brake.... Break is what you do because of all this BS you're talking about.....

If the logbook says you blocked out at XX:XX time, then there is no way they can be manipulating your block time. The logbook rules!
I fully agree. The ACARS times go in the book and that's what I log. I caught the differences when I reviewed crew-trac times. There were no 30/7 issues or any other reasons for anyone to "massage" the numbers. I did point it out to the appropriate folks and it's being looked into.

Am I the only one outraged by how ridiculous it is that we don't get paid during the deice procedures at the gate? With the door closed, full of passengers? Do United Airlines pilots, or other UAX carriars have to follow the same procedures as SKYW? It has been explained to me that due to "contractual language" we aren't able to drop the brake in the CRJ and start getting paid. I am responsible for my aircraft and passengers if anything happens during this time, why no pay me? Its bad enough we don't get paid for the 15 mins before or after a flight when we work the hardest...but this is an insult.

So, file a grievance with your union...oh....I'm sorry...nevermind.

Here is another reason why this sucks:

performance rewards... we can't get decent on-time departures as long as any deicing happens before push. So yes, many drop the brakes and get paid but

1) our numbers suck (you get either audited/fined by UA, or the out time is fixed by EBR, or you take it in the can and block out late) so crappy quarter results, (=big savings for UA) and
2) since all the contracts have performance benchmarks, that gives UA a way to put pressure on our contracts... or am I reading too much into this? not to mention that they are trying to fine us millions of dollars for previous EBR that have already been audited...

This falls into the UA pattern: can't make any money the normal business way (ie having customers pay for their service) so, let's screw the emplyees/partners into bumping up UA's revenue (EBR fines, travel benefits charges, etc) what a great business plan.

I am not 100% on this however I have a good friend who works signature at ORD. About 5-6 months ago I recall her telling me how the company (United maybe?)came to signature wanting them to log when their aircraft actually push. They then use that time called for push and compare it to the time the brake is dropped. So when you call for push they enter it in their computers and it logs that time. Maybe if they see it off by a lot from brake drop they call you in for a carpet dance? Like I said tho I am not 100% sure on this since it didn't involve AE I didn't really care. I can see this being a way to catch ya.

Release the parking break to do the anti-skid test. Woops we got an out time, my bad.

I suggest you send a "nastygram" to your management. Tell them what you think and if you're lucky you won't get fired.

Latest resources

Back