• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAX De-ice Brake Drop Issue - Chicago

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This isn't hard. If the door is closed and you drop the brake, there's nothing to fix. You're getting paid as you should.

Man you guys are getting robbed.... Why not tie the ACARS to the WOW switch while you are at it. The other guys are right. It's between the company and your union. What, no union? You are so screwed...

I have never heard of not getting paid during De-Ice. EVER.

Yeah you have. At Mesa you get paid Scheduled block time no matter what. Same at Horizon. So you're not getting paid to get deiced. Mesa sucks

Drop the brake. You stated no one gets in trouble for it, so what's the problem?

The geniouses at Yonited decreed that if there is more than a one minute difference between the time the brake is released and the time you push, you start getting paid based on the time you push. Been dinged a couple times on this both in ORD and IAD. F*****g bean counters.

chqflyer,

"Yonited" doesn't have a thing to do with how a Skywest pilot gets paid. It's all about door closed and brake released. If those two things happen the block time starts for pay. Not sure how it is where you work.

We get paid based on ACARS time as well. The ramp controllers keep a log of when we actually push and either they or someone else up the chain of command has the authority to change your OUT time. Let's say you drop the brake right at scheduled departure time but don't push for ten minutes due to traffic behind you. Your OUT time will be adjusted by ten minutes. It's called the ERB. Early brake release. Just seems downright stupid.

Last edited:
chqflyer,

That's not something that has happened at Skywest as far as I know. If it does, the feds need to be involved. Someone is goofing with your block time and that's not right. The Department of Labor refers to it as "working off the clock." That's not permitted. Could be downright illegal.

It is downright fishy, and I am keeping track of instances where I have seen it. We supposedly have folks higher up the foodchain investigating, so we'll see. I agree that this does seem like fudging of the numbers, but it is based on a direct edict from United. Now that I think about it, I wish I cold post the official memo on the matter but the company is now very hush, hush secret squirl about memos these days. Every memo has a little warning atatched to it reminding you that you will be terminated if you diseminate the information in the memo. I'd better shut my trap, the black helicopters are hovering.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back