• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAN News Flash B1.9" Missing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello, HSF! I enjoyed your gracious note, (hug the kids for me) and it's fun to post with you. I'm glad you quit lurking. Perhaps you will be so kind as to hold up an umbrella when the chunks of sky start falling. ;) After all you're one of those greedy NJ FOs who had the nerve to want to support his family on the earnings of a professional pilot. :eek: Tsk, tsk, surely you're feeling guilty that you can now afford to make NJA a career rather than a stepping stone? What was RTS thinking when he entered into the spirit of IBB and gave you a pay raise--again? Didn't the man realize that he was going to turn you into a motivated employee and that profits would continue to rise? And what can those Union leaders be thinking acting like partners with the Company and working to ensure that NJA is a strong long-range company that keeps the pilots employed for a future they and their families can count on?! How dare those joint committees forge a working relationship guaranteed to rain on The FUD-Spreaders Parade....:beer:

HSF, how very foolish of us to think that each group should be judged on their own merits and believe that it is possible to focus on fair solutions. According to the all-knowing FUD-Meister financial ruin is right around the corner. Quick! Give back the first decent paycheck you've had at NJA and run tell RTS that he should give up all of his ambitious plans for the Company. And the 1108 volunteers must be told to stop working on joint projects and prepare for disaster instead. Besides, they're destroying the stereotyped image the anti-union poster is trying to force on them. No mutual respect allowed, you know. The close-minded among us can't handle the concept of Management and the Union getting along. :rolleyes:

PS Please leave the umbrella here, though. The thread is being splashed with FUD and I want to keep my new boots clean....:p

PPS Would you happen to have a handkerchief? I just stepped over a big pile of manure to get to your post and I'd like to make sure none of it is sticking to the bottom of my boots.....;)

When you see FUD posted kick it out of the way and congratulate the pilots who are blazing a new trail. NJW

Because you ignored it on the other thread:

http://airlinesafety.com/Unions/LaborCostsStupid.htm

Your husband was an AA alumni that got burned by a union, yet you still believe in them. Then, the existing union at NJ wasn't "getting it done", so they changed to 1108.

I was smart enough to avoid a union carrier and you weren't. Union history will repeat itself. It always does.

As Albert Einstein once said; Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

YOU are the one expecting different results. :laugh:

Oh dear,....so much for my lurking mode I promised myself after the IBB Victory......

I was told once by a far wiser MAN than myself (and he was a management type, go figure.) and you, not that that matters much here, that success is a two way street. Look at the cooperation betweeen 1108 and NJ management recently and you'll see that not all unions are created equal. 1108 has simply set a path for success for all to follow.

There are Pilot Unions, and there is 1108.
There is no comparison.

:angryfire Your turn, Sparky.:angryfire

Regards, NJW!

There is always cooperation when time are good.

It's when times are bad that the true nature of a union rears it's ugly head.

As recently as five years ago, then-ALPA chief Rick Dubinsky was still bragging about this strategy, Mr. Jenkins added. In 2000, Mr. Dubinsky famously told United management:
“We don’t want to kill the golden goose. We just want to choke it by the neck until it gives us every last egg.”

Bob,
Does your boss know you are posting on FI while at your great non-union airline? Ha ha -just more proof your are at your union busting HQ posting

FUD
FUD
FUD

In 2000, Mr. Dubinsky famously told United management:
“We don’t want to kill the golden goose. We just want to choke it by the neck until it gives us every last egg.”

Hmm? a union fighter fighting for his members for what they previously had?

How about United mgt-mismanaging they place to the ground creating the summer from hell? It had nothing to do with pilots. It was simple staffing levels. Kinda like your digbat boss MS and his thoughts on staffing levels. The United CEO not only choked the goose for golden eggs-he got his buds to vote on a package to have several golden geese delivered to his home so they can sh1t out eggs forever.

You are a loser you village idiot..

FUD
FUD
FUD

bchjetdrvr--
I think your avatar got sensored...

Flight Info.com decided to censor. I changed the avatar to that one after my other one was deleted. Here are some thoughts on that.

It got censored cause a bunch of whiners that can't live with the concept of Free Speech took it upon themselves to complain. THEY'RE COMMUNISTS! Not only don't they understand the concept of America and Free Speech but they have no back bone. Are we a bunch of pilots or a group of spinless, hippie, tree hugging, granalo chewing, run to my mommy, pussies.? (wonder if that will get censored?)

--------------------------
Jan 2004,

When Bush went to the Pittsburgh area on Labor Day 2002, 65-year-old retired steel worker Bill Neel was there to greet him with a sign proclaiming, "The Bush family must surely love the poor, they made so many of us."

The local police, at the Secret Service's behest, set up a "designated free-speech zone" on a baseball field surrounded by a chain-link fence a third of a mile from the location of Bush's speech.

The police cleared the path of the motorcade of all critical signs, but folks with pro-Bush signs were permitted to line the president's path. Neel refused to go to the designated area and was arrested for disorderly conduct; the police also confiscated his sign.

Neel later commented, "As far as I'm concerned, the whole country is a free-speech zone. If the Bush administration has its way, anyone who criticizes them will be out of sight and out of mind."

At Neel's trial, police Detective John Ianachione testified that the Secret Service told local police to confine "people that were there making a statement pretty much against the president and his views" in a so-called free- speech area.

Paul Wolf, one of the top officials in the Allegheny County Police Department, told Salon that the Secret Service "come in and do a site survey, and say, 'Here's a place where the people can be, and we'd like to have any protesters put in a place that is able to be secured.' "
Pennsylvania District Judge Shirley Rowe Trkula threw out the disorderly conduct charge against Neel, declaring, "I believe this is America. Whatever happened to 'I don't agree with you, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it'?"

----------------

Too bad the moderators at Flightinfo.com don't feel the same way about the board they created. They have the right to censor cause the own the board. However, what they've decided to do is ban one users opinion that was represented in graphical form and forget about the main principal of the country that gave them the ability to have this board in the first place. Way to go FI.com. Nice

Oh yeah, F$CK YOU B19.

Just look at the rhetoric on these boards. If unions were good, they would not be such a polarizing subject.

I don't see much polarization on these boards. It looks to me to be you against the world.

Good luck with that.:nuts:

Hey B19-Bob,
What is this a village idiot parade day for you? ... I like how you bring up NJW's husband at AA being burnt by a union. ... But mgt still found a way to approve over 200 mil in mgt bonuses. You are clearly a mgt JOKE!

Yes, Galaxy, it's a parade of one and the VI is marching in circles banging out the same monotonous beat on his drum....:rolleyes: It sounds like you remember the first time he tried this angle.

For those of you who missed it the last time he went by, we were NOT burnt by the union. The company gave my husband the shaft while the country was still reeling in shock over the attack. My husband rightly predicted that AA was using the situation to reorganize pilots into the regional carriers where they were paid chump change. Sure enough he was offered a position with Eagle--no thanks! The Union gave the pilotgroup a warning when AA managers were caught protecting their own nest eggs while slashing the wages of the rank and file workers. The Union got the furloughed pilots stock options. So the torch award clearly goes to management in that deal but the VI is trying to warp reality. His propaganda sounds good only to his ears. The rest of us hear it the way it really is when he marches by: FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD.........

I agree with you my Fischy friend. Actually, this forum is full of good things about 1108. The NJ pilots' latest contract has inspired lots of positive posts and a slew of application questions from pilots anxious to follow the 1108 lead. That's reality.

On the other hand, we're watching a one-man band march in circles banging on his drum FUD FUD FUD ...

Friendly advice: It's getting deep so wear your boots and watch where you step......;)

Friendly advice: It's getting deep so wear your boots and watch where you step......;)

I would ask to borrow your boots, but I think the rest of the guys would look at me funny. And your husband might try to kick my a$$. :nuts:

They are cool boots, but I'm going to switch to tall, shiny red boots with laces for February 14th. ;) I'll need a new look, though. The pirate outfit doesn't go with Valentine's Day. Speaking of that holiday... I bet a lot of NJ spouses get a much nicer gift this year than they did last year, especially those married to an FO. Gotta love that! :)

Latest resources

Back