• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAN News Flash B1.9" Missing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think B19 can find a NJA pilot who will attest that the Union has not positively influenced his/her life.

I don't think that B19 will find a member of Upper Management at NJA that will say the Union has not been an excellent entity that communicates with the pilot force, enhances efficiency, creates productivity and positively affects the bottom line WHILE making record profits.

These are the facts.

He can shove his golden egg up his holier than thou ass. Bawk, bawk you turkey.

There is no sense in strangling the golden goose when the bird wants to share profits and future growth.

UAL's management team of 2000 and the pilot force there were decades opposed to each other. Both sides were in their rights to negotiate what they could.

You also forget to mention that Capt. Rick Dubinsky was on the UAL Board of Directors (Management) at the time of the 2000 contract.

Management signed the contract as sure as the Union did.

Don't blame labor. Blame the parties who agreed to it. Blame the RLA, a broken set of rules for a broken industry.

Don't blame only labor.

The world isn't as simple as you make it in your little world.

BTW, I've talked to Mad Dog several times. I found him to be as level headed as they come. I never once found him to be a push over though.

Excellent post, FL22! He can shove his golden egg up his holier than thou ass. :eek: :D Bawk, bawk you turkey. :laugh: The turkey is a handsome bird, though, so maybe that isn't ugly enough to match his posts. Picture a vulture endlessly circling, dropping FUD on the unwary while he vengefully waits for the demise of a union. I think that description is more fitting.

Tall boots are a good choice for wading through the FUD.

Ignoring B.19 from day one

Proud to say I've had B.19 on ignore since signing up.
(Okay, maybe it took me a day or two.)

Nomore, you gave him the benefit of the doubt like the rest of us did. Once a poster has been proven to have no credibility there's no reason to continue the exchange. I have no problem (in my boots) stepping over the FUD to get to the good posts where I can enjoy a fair exchange of info and discuss the current, relevant events that affect those tied to the frac industry. NJW

There is always cooperation when time are good.

It's when times are bad that the true nature of a union rears it's ugly head.

As recently as five years ago, then-ALPA chief Rick Dubinsky was still bragging about this strategy, Mr. Jenkins added. In 2000, Mr. Dubinsky famously told United management:
“We don’t want to kill the golden goose. We just want to choke it by the neck until it gives us every last egg.”
Not to be crass, rude, and completely biased, B19...but

"Is that all you got?? "

That is the response I was waiting for?? Surely you didn't come to this battle of wits unarmed, did you?

Good Lordy Lordy, B19, you truly have no concept of the relationship 1108 and management have, and because of your ignorance you have lost all credibility... go back to the rock you crawled under, You really waste your time here.
Do us a favor and go onto the regional website and spew forth your diatribes and union hatred to the underpaid and underappreciated masses there... who knows, you just might find a following and become a cult leader.

Last edited:
.....;) After all you're one of those greedy NJ FOs who had the nerve to want to support his family on the earnings of a professional pilot. :eek: Tsk, tsk, surely you're feeling guilty that you can now afford to make NJA a career rather than a stepping stone?

Thats Greedy lil' ol' Captain now, NJW. But hey, that can't last forever because I'm robbing the profits and strangling the life from the company because I got a pay raise....Boo hoo hoo, looks like McDonalds is in my future, and I'll have to sell my children into slavery.
B19, I heard that American Eagle is looking for someone to lead them when they get spun off, why dont you go there! They hate ALPA, and you could be their Messiah!

Captain HSF, sorry I got it wrong :blush: Your post made me laugh; it just shows how utterly ridiculous Chicken Little's attitude is...:rolleyes: The NJ pilots always knew the money is there to pay them as the professionals they are. When my husband was an FO he flew pax from New York to California and the price they paid was more than his base salary for the entire year! To suggest, even indirectly as B19/CL did, that NJ pilots are draining company resources is absurd. Ending labor strife in 2005 brought record profits. IBB in '07 was a smart business move: keep the pilots motivated and retain the talent they had in the FOs who were still underpaid and forced to fly from only 5 cities. Recruitment has improved and attrition should no longer be a problem. Good things are happening at NJA and the Union is a full and welcome partner in the process.

Ask FlyLow22. I quoted him and then you quoted me. His style is a bit more blunt than mine, but I agree with his sentiment.

Latest resources

Back